• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Upcoming Uniform Changes

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It would have to change from "aviation working greens" to "aviation dress greens" for that to happen.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Last I heard, they were doing some more wear tests on a couple of variants (short sleeve option, untucked blouse for the ladies, etc). There was something in Navy Times about it.

ADM Mullen has been seen rockin' the SDKs frequently, including testifying before Congress and overseas trips. The Great SDK Revival is kind of his pet rock, so it remains to be seen if it will survive his tenure as CJCS.

Personally I think those SDKs look pretty spiffy.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True, but I bet when you're the Chairman, you can make that happen.

I think his sons are both aviators, though.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Personally I think those SDKs look pretty spiffy.

Well if spiffiness is our only criteria, the choice is clear. . .

020725-001.jpg

Mos

None
Speaking of NWUs, funniest thing I've heard about them was from my DI at OCS, who asked us (rhetorically) why the hell sailors needed camouflage. "Do you expect some enemy sniper to be waiting for you on a buoy in the middle of the ocean?"

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Here is a quote from a recent Navy Uniform Newsgram http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/BE2690AF-2A76-44BC-9937-BEFB25AAAC75/0/NewsgramNov2009.pdf

Uniform Change ICO Warfare Insignia
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans Unicode][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans Unicode]The recent change to Uniforms Regulation policy allowing more than one warfare insignia of the same category does not [/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans Unicode]supersede policy regarding officers wearing enlisted insignia. Specifically, enlisted personnel who qualify for insignia and are subsequently advanced to officer status will continue wearing the enlisted insignia until qualified for a corresponding officer insignia; then replace the enlisted insignia with the officer insignia. [/FONT]

[/FONT]
If a SWO pin replace ESWS then what replaces EAWS? Pilot wings, NFO, Astronaut, etc? When this uniform change first came out the examples used were Pilot and EAWS. At the same time everyone was saying the change did not apply to SWO/ESWS. I wonder if that is because there is not a direct replacement for EAWS like the ESWS.

navy09

None
I think it's pretty straightforward, the air side just has more badges. Replace EAWS/AC wings with your single/double anchor bling.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I don't think it is straightforward. EAWS is nothing like NA/NFO. If anything is like those 2 then it would be Aircrew. Now that Aircrew is in the same warfare group does that now mean people who have both can only wear one (NA/NFO and NAC)? On the surface side only Surface warfare is listed in the regs. The pictures break it down to Surface warfare Officer and Enlisted. Yet EAWS is listed separately. It can't replace everything in the Air group. Maybe the air supply pin or the AEP or AP wings.

Pilot/NFO replaces EAWS, not Aircrew.

Why EAWS and not Aircrew. They are both warfare pins in the same group.

I think it's pretty straightforward, the air side just has more badges. Replace EAWS/AC wings with your single/double anchor bling.

Right now you can wear both EAWS and AC. So which one gets replaced with the Anchors?

navy09

None
Right now you can wear both EAWS and AC. So which one gets replaced with the Anchors?

Common sense answer: It doesn't really matter. Gold wings with gold NAC wings looks a little goofy, but that's just me.

Real answer: Uniform regs say the warfare pin you earned first takes precedence.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Common sense answer: It doesn't really matter. Gold wings with gold NAC wings looks a little goofy, but that's just me.

Real answer: Uniform regs say the warfare pin you earned first takes precedence.

Takes precedence over what? Most earn the AC wings before their EAWS wings. Until this recent change AC wings were not a warfare designator and had to go under the EAWS wings. Since it wasn't in the warfare group it also allowed NA/NFO to wear their NAC wings. I earned my EAWS first. It does not take precedence over my pilot wings.