• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
On liberty right now. OCS is alot different than it was before... alot less running and alot more "functional fitness" (pushpulls, UBD, run circuit / muscular endurance, fartlek type stuff, not straight out runs)

Just finished week 4 of 10..... gotta go pick up a pizza

Good luck to everyone

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
He posted this in the Marine OCS forum.

Congrats on making it so far, good luck the rest of the way through.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
He posted this in the Marine OCS forum.

Congrats on making it so far, good luck the rest of the way through.

I realize that. I didn't know Marines got liberty so early.

Either way: Keep it up and good luck with the rest of the suck!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...alot less running and alot more "functional fitness" (pushpulls, UBD, run circuit / muscular endurance, fartlek type stuff, not straight out runs)...

This would have been quite possibly the greatest thing that could have happened for me. The straight out runs kicked my ass there for some reason. I could hang with the rest of it.

Good luck. We'll hear from you next week

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I realize that. I didn't know Marines got liberty so early.

Either way: Keep it up and good luck with the rest of the suck!

We got it earlier, but it is shorter. About 24 hours as I recall.

Also, nearly everybody failed the inspection prior to the first liberty (and less so subsequently, but still many failed). We got it anyway. That was a shock to me.

One of the really big redasses is that you may still have fire watch during liberty. Kind of ruins it if it's in the middle.

Liberty was better quality at AOCS.

flyerstud4

Hey Bogey it was a joke. Don't be so damn sensative. Probably the same context when you were joking about Marine libo being gay. What is this whole rep points thing all about and why are you dinging me?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey Bogey it was a joke. Don't be so damn sensative. Probably the same context when you were joking about Marine libo being gay. What is this whole rep points thing all about and why are you dinging me?

Just hadn't seen a lot of your posts before and with a lack of smilies :):confused::D, I couldn't tell if you were being serious.

It just kind of annoyed me since I've heard SERIOUSLY from some Marines who think that my experience (and others) at Navy OCS was a "joke" and that Marine OCS is "way harder" or whatever other nonsense they come up with. Rep doesn't mean sh!t other than to declare shenanigans on someone. No harm, no foul. :)

MettGT

pilot
Everything at Marine OCS is an evaluation/screening tool, including liberty....I must say though that the biggest reddass was being duty platoon during libbo (not allowed off base when you are duty platoon whether or not you're actually standing watch).