• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mobilizations, when did you tell your employer?

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

The 84% looks like a skewed or mistaken percentage. Just look at the 1400+ involuntary MOBs from Surgemain alone that made big news this last year.

People are ADSEP'd. My NOSC does it monthly once people hit their allotment of UA's. I have 17 people on my RUAD who have never shown up and they are all awaiting ADSEP. And, I wrote EVALS for everyone one of them so I could manage RSCA ? They will also get another one upon their final date for the same reason.

I have a few Sailors in my unit who did lots of good active duty time, affiliated with the Reserve, and after a while stopped showing up and are in the process of getting ADSEP. Do you know what kind of discharge they would get for going UA? General?

Last edited by a moderator:

nodropinufaka

I have a few Sailors in my unit who did lots of good active duty time, affiliated with the Reserve, and after a while stopped showing up and are in the process of getting ADSEP. Do you know what kind of discharge they would get for going UA? General?

The thing is they have a honorable discharge from active duty

So nothing really happens to them. They don’t lose benefits or anything

Oh yeah, totally! I wasn't really clear. I don't feel like I was really "putting the screws" to them or anything, it was all about the hit-lists.

NOSC CO: "Your unit (that I just got to) is at 70% dental readiness LT VXC961, what are you going to do about it?"

Me: "Umm, we're at 100%. We've got six guys who haven't shown up in 13 months. They don't count, do they?"

Yup, they count. The first step in getting rid of dirtbags would be to transfer them from paying units to the VTU (I only did a few months there), and then the NOSC would cancel all fun for our unit until hit lists were cleared. I was one of those guys who cancelled vacation because I got an IRR muster letter and believed they'd swear out a warrant if I missed it. It did blow my mind that you could just quit showing up to the reserves and essentially nothing would happen.

And, to get a bit more on topic, they did not EVER tell their employer (ME) they weren't showing up for work!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The only people worse than that were the ones that would rack up a bunch of UAs and then show up right before they got kicked out and do just enough to get off hit lists. Then they would start the whole process of being UA all over again.
But... why...

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Thanks team. I didn't want Sailors who did their time then figured out the Reserve wasn't it for them to get in trouble or lose benefits.

The only people worse than that were the ones that would rack up a bunch of UAs and then show up right before they got kicked out and do just enough to get off hit lists. Then they would start the whole process of being UA all over again.
As bad or worse are the Sailors that rack up over half a year of UA's, do a TRUIC change without informing anyone from your unit, find out that going UA for 6+ months is going to get them ADSEP when it catches up with them, lie to their new CO about the whole situation who then has an angry phone call with your CO, and you get a direct order to go play defense attorney at the NOSC to try and get the UA's removed simply because the Sailor had some good years :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
As bad or worse are the Sailors that rack up over half a year of UA's, do a TRUIC change without informing anyone from your unit, find out that going UA for 6+ months is going to get them ADSEP when it catches up with them, lie to their new CO about the whole situation who then has an angry phone call with your CO, and you get a direct order to go play defense attorney at the NOSC to try and get the UA's removed simply because the Sailor had some good years :D.
Wow. Were you the ENS defense attorney?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Thanks team. I didn't want Sailors who did their time then figured out the Reserve wasn't it for them to get in trouble or lose benefits.

Sounds like adverse EVAL material to me.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I got a problem.

I gotta send someone to Djibouti next month.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm giving you your dream shot. Speaking of shots, medical has a big list of them for your theater entry requirements.

(I think what's his name, the guy who played Mr. Strickland, he would have made a good unit CO in the reserves. Well, except for the tobacco cessation thing.)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I mobbed in 2008 they made us check into ECRC Norfolk. Then 3 months of training which was awful and 7 day a week training schedule. Then sent us off to Iraq.

On the way to Iraq the charter flight was over weight so I got kicked off and told to take a bus to Philadelphia airport to fly to Atlanta to get on the rotator over their to Kuwait so a HMMV could pick us up there and drive us into Iraq along the MSR. Easy enough in theory.

I get to Philadelphia. I have a M16 complete with grenade launcher attachment, a M9, and 3 bags full of gear. Im forced open it up and show the gate agent and they told me it had to fly unlocked. I was told by my chain under no circumstances let it fly unlocked. So that became a big deal. Then they wanted 1200 dollars for my bags. I was a very young E-4 who had been in the military for just over 3 years at this point. The command sent 7 of us on this adventure with the senior ranking guy an E-5. All of us are standing their in DCUs trying to figure out what to do.

Long story short. We put it on our GTCC. American Air gets like 10k just off our bags alone. We get to Atlanta and then on the rotator.

Looking back its pretty comical.
Reminds me of being in Norfolk Airport and seeing a bunch of younger, very fit-looking guys opening up Pelican cases with multiple locks over at the TSA special screening area. Nice OPSEC there, NSW. Wearing civvies isn't helping . . . :D

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
So, just went through a BTR (Business Talent Review, me as leader gets presented to entire Executive team for consideration for future advancement) yesterday with my boss and today I had to tell her of my pending MOB (still no official orders). Man this sucks