• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIA A4sForever?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I define vicious personal attacks for political or philosophical differences as incorrect. Do you disagree?"
Brett
That is one reason I joined the USMC many years ago... to defend the right to disagree. How we disagree is open to personal interpretations. Of course if you come at me physically, I will do my utmost to show you the error of your ways. If its simply a verbal discussion or argument, I'll use whatever my intellect allows me to do. I am responding to rather an open ended discussion about likes and dislikes as regards A4's posts or responses. If he responded to one of my posts with rancor or profanity, chences are good I'd have pm'd him and made my feelings clear on a personal and private level. If he chooses to do so publicly, that is his affair. How he responds to someone else is theirs, not mine.
If you are the arbitor of civility and posts here, so be it. I have seen a variety of profanity on the different forums and few seem to be offended and accept it as the way life is and especially in the military. I try to refrain from profanity as it degrades my intent or point but if its called for, in my not som humble opinion, then I'll use it.
Perhaps we are on different pages or disagree on points. That is the way of it. We have disagreed in the past, and if I stick around here, we'll probably disagree in the future on some points. Doesn't matter to me one way or other. You have your points of reference, I have mine.
Semper Fi
Rocky

I'll take that as a yes. Dissagree we do then. There's is a difference between the use of profanity and using it in a personal attack. In that sense, I and the other Mods ARE the arbiters of what's correct - that is our charge. You seem to interpret my position as an affront to you somehow - that I do not intend or understand. With that, I bid you good day! ;)

Brett

brownshoe

Contributor
I'm still alive and kicking....just don't get the extended time to luxuriate in extended time on AW as I had in past. As to things changing....most of the time, I'm on the cutting edge of the changes or maybe in the shadows quite removed from the traditional Naval Aviation Enterprise (NAE)...even though I moved to Pax full-time in Feb. I've just ventured deeper into the nontraditional side of "things" making it harder to relate to the rank and file of Naval Aviation in a general sense. I still come by AW quite often and enjoy the diatribe, just don't post as often, but I do liberally pass out likes for posts that impress me.....and I do miss the Mean Old Haole Man..... ;)

Good to see you back. BTW I’m currently reading “Danger” (by you and Derek Nelson), Ron Marron loaned it to me. The old stories are great! Let me know when you’re in the area again. It’s your turn to buy:).

Steve

(And yes… I miss the old fart as well. Didn’t always agree with him, but I do miss him.)

Edit: BzB… Ron and I were on the phone for about an hour this evening, some funny stuff, I’ll call you tomorrow.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
I still come by AW quite often and enjoy the diatribe, just don't post as often, but I do liberally pass out likes for posts that impress me.

Once again, I have been proven wrong. Story of my life. Good to hear from you, HJ.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Why all the hatred? One of the beauties of Internet Forums is the scroll button. If you do not like someone or care not what they have to say, simple, just scroll on down. If you have a beef with someone, confront them face to face (keyboard to monitor in this case), don’t go ranting to others, denigrating the individual. My moral compass, and I had thought most folk’s, points to abstaining from mocking one’s religion, whether Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Shintoist or what ever. I think it reveals a yellow streak I also think that a shiv to a shipmates back when he is not present is at a minimum not "warrior class". Just my .02C

brownshoe

Contributor
Why all the hatred? One of the beauties of Internet Forums is the scroll button. If you do not like someone or care not what they have to say, simple, just scroll on down. If you have a beef with someone, confront them face to face (keyboard to monitor in this case), don’t go ranting to others, denigrating the individual. My moral compass, and I had thought most folk’s, points to abstaining from mocking one’s religion, whether Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Shintoist or what ever. I think it reveals a yellow streak I also think that a shiv to a shipmates back when he is not present is at a minimum not "warrior class". Just my .02C
Thought you were heading my way. What happened? (Flaming Pit again? Soon... I hope, I need a break!):)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah, the Circle of Life...
the-circle-of-life-hunter-becomes-the-hunted-cubby-demotivational-poster-1286399129.jpg

As the MIA A4s always preached "THERE WAS NO SLACK IN LIGHT ATTACK"! We did our best to shrink our Nation's enemy's Circle Of Life...one grisly meal at a time!:cool:
BzB1027111127.jpg

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Thought you were heading my way. What happened? (Flaming Pit again? Soon... I hope, I need a break!):)

Yes I know. I owe you lunch, no, a big lunch. I am off to Winter Park FL, Concors d'Elegance car show on 11/3, thence caravan of Morgans and Austin Healeys down to Key West and back to Sarasota. I am off to Pax river tomorrow, so that pretty much leaves Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, else late November.

Flaming Pit fine with me.

brownshoe

Contributor
Yes I know. I owe you lunch, no, a big lunch. I am off to Winter Park FL, Concors d'Elegance car show on 11/3, thence caravan of Morgans and Austin Healeys down to Key West and back to Sarasota. I am off to Pax river tomorrow, so that pretty much leaves Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, else late November.

Flaming Pit fine with me.
Sure, John, pick a day next week. Let's hope that cute blond waitress is still there!

Steve