• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mega Marine Boot Insole/Boots Thread

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
The only bad thing is that they dont give you good tread to climb the rope, but you will have your other boots for that. Just something to keep in mind.

cwc73

pilot
Is the logo on the side going to get you some attention at OCS?

I'll buy these, but I don't want the crap from the sergeant instructors about already being a Marine. These are authorized, but will it cost me? What do you think?

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
No. You are supposed to wear authorized boots, the logo on the side is a good thing.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
cwc73 said:
Is the logo on the side going to get you some attention at OCS?

I'll buy these, but I don't want the crap from the sergeant instructors about already being a Marine. These are authorized, but will it cost me? What do you think?

It's a uniform item; it's supposed to have the EGA. Your cover's going to have the EGA on it (as well as your cammies). Just don't wear any civvie gear that says USMC (even shirts your OSO gave you).

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
just got my pair in on friday. Much lighter than expected. Walked around in them 3 times for about 10 minutes each adn they already feel broken in.

cwc73

pilot
I have a pair of light weight black leather boots. I think they are lightweight army boots. Should I just order the same size? They seem to fit decently although they almost seem a bit long. They are size 9s but my roommate said my toes are in the correct spot. Anyway, order the same size?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
cwc73 said:
I have a pair of light weight black leather boots. I think they are lightweight army boots. Should I just order the same size? They seem to fit decently although they almost seem a bit long. They are size 9s but my roommate said my toes are in the correct spot. Anyway, order the same size?

No, the sizing is different...preferribly you should stop in somewhere to buy them, given that won't work call and ask them...then make sure you can ship it back if it doesn't fit...

Slammer2

Contributor
i went into a shoe store which was a dealer of bates. They had to order them of course but they got me measured. I'm glad I did it that way instead of online because i wear a 12 in a shoe, but the boots were an 11. And I think that its more important where the ball of your foot is when determining length. Not sure though...

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I got my lites over the weekend at Quantico. They feel great!! I hope to have them brokening by June 4th.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Put them on, get them wet, and then walk around in them until they dry on your feet. Then run, run, run in them.

Slammer2

Contributor
even though they now feel like they fit right, do you still suggest that i do the whole get them wet thing just to be sure?

mserver

Im sure this has been discussed before, but its finals week and I dont really have the time to search for another thread...so dont get annoyed.

I need to buy some boots before I go to Quantico for the plc program and break them in? and then when I get there they are going to issue me another two pairs? I am actually confused about this one, I really dont understand why I need to buy them if they are just going to give me some to wear and I wont be able to wear my already broken in ones...sorry if this is a stupid question.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The reasoning is that during boots and utes PT, it will be beneficial to have a pair of broken in boots. Beyond that it's nice to have three pairs of boots so one pair can be kept for inspection purposes.

If you have broken in regulation boots, they won't have a clue which ones you were issued or which ones you brought.

As far as Bates lites, I'm not such a fan (they are a garrison boot and will disintegrate in the field environment). I don't think they're worth the money.