• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mega Marine Boot Insole/Boots Thread

Joshuabonk

The new marine corps brown boots infantry ICB and Jungle Boots suck. I just got done with OCS this summer 2nd increment PLC seniors im here to tell you if you can get you hands on a pair of those boots before hand youd bee doing you self a favor.
The boots are short in the Marine Corps supply system so some people may not get the right size. This was a problem this summer during the hikes as blisters and cellulitus were common. At one time in the training 30% of the company was down to the blisters and the infections caused by such blisters. A pair of hiking socks (slick and help keep the moisture off your fee would be advised)

Avina

doubledown

I read that you can't bring your own boots anymore, that they'll give them to you there. I sure hope not. What kind of boots should I buy? How fast do they expect you to run in them? You just got back from OCS, Is it like regular boot camp where it's all barracks? I heard something about it being CO-ED. The women sleep in same quarters? Take showers with the men? That seems like it would be a recipe for disaster.

Nikki

No, the women do not sleep in the same quarters or take showers with the men goof...lol..wow, I sure as heck wouldn't submit myself to that crap..hehe

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Originally posted by doubledown
I read that you can't bring your own boots anymore, that they'll give them to you there. I sure hope not. What kind of boots should I buy? How fast do they expect you to run in them? You just got back from OCS, Is it like regular boot camp where it's all barracks? I heard something about it being CO-ED. The women sleep in same quarters? Take showers with the men? That seems like it would be a recipe for disaster.

WTF???

Nikki

The only thing possibly CO-ED would be the physical training and classes. For AF Basic Training, lol, the males and females trained together but had seprerate quarters..I don't believe that would ever work in the military.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
All the training stuff was co-ed, except in Echo Co. I guess there aren't enough females who return to Sr.'s, so they all go to Golf Co.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
The women will be in a different squadbay on another deck. Gotta disagree w/ you on the boots. I got a pair when I was at TBS, and I thought they were the best thing since cotton candy.

kimphil

Originally posted by doubledown

I think that doubledown was watching Full Metal Jacket and Starship Troopers back-to-back and got the barrack scenes mixed up.
propeller_125.gif

doubledown

I did read that on this site somewhere. I couldn't tell you where.

On to what my post was about, I wanted to know about the boots. The CO-ED thing was an after though.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
RIKO'S ROUGH NECKS!!!!!

"put your hand on that wall"

"But .... sir?"

"PUT YOUR HAND ON THAT WALL!!"

Drill Sgt. throws nife into cadets hand

"MEDIC!!!!!"

I did like Starship Troopers ..... maybe I'm a loser (hehe)

itoh

The boots are up to the company commander. The website says that you can bring black boots for PT, but we got shafted. I went Echo company first increment and we locked up our black boots in the civy locker the day we went to supply. I heard from a buddy in 2nd increment that they got to wear the black boots for PT because we had so many feet csualties and Major Blackwell changed his policy. I would definately suggest brining a pair of broken in belleville jungles (the best for PT). As alot of candidates got wrong sizes of boots in supply (due to shortages or improper fitting). I brought a pair of Bates jungles that I used for PT, kept my ICBs for garrison/drill, and kept my issued jungles strictly for inspection. That worked out pretty well, hope this helps.

-itoh

boojea

KEEP YOUR JUNGLES FOR INSPECTIONS ONLY! The new jungle boots will tear your feet up. Also if you get the Bates instead of the Bellevilles they had a lot of problems with changing colors, renduring them unserviceable. The ICBs are very comfortable, use these for training. Also I would recommend bringing SoftSole brand inserts (green) and a small pair of sharp scissors to trim them with. (you will also need these to cut your belts etc...). Also mark your name on the inside of your boots because you leave them outside to dry sometimes, and a few guys in my platoon never got theirs back somehow.