• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mega Marine Boot Insole/Boots Thread

colonel.coder

buying boots - what's the scoop on brand, type, etc...

I'm going to OCS (PLC 189 jrs) and need to pick up and extra pair of boots. Just wondering, what boots are issued (in terms of brand and type) and what are your opinions about Bates vice Belleville vice Danner, etc... in terms of quality, durability, etc?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Mine are Belleville, and they're pretty much indestructable, save for the laces. Haven't even looked at them in damn near a year, but never had a problem at TBS or afterwards. Lots of people did have problems with the Bates jungle versions, though, and a lot of people took them back to cash sales and exchanged them. A word of caution: The sizes can be funky, so TRY THEM ON! I normally wear a size 11 1/2 R, but for some reason, the only size that fit me in the Bellevilles was 9 1/2 wide. Go figure.

colonel.coder

thanks for the reply. btw, gaijin is short for gaikokujin meaning foreigner... are you in japan right now? anyway, I think i'll go belleville as they're a decent price compared to Danner or Bates.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Not in Japan, but I was stationed there when I was enlisted. And I went back for an exchange program w/ the JMSDF after I graduated from college. Nothing like being a Japanese officer candidate for a little while, let me tell you. They beat the hell out of those poor bastards, and their OCS is a YEAR long.

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
I am going to PLC combined juniors as well this summer. I called the base clothing store and had them order me Bellevilles hot boots in two sizes and will return whatever size doesn't fit right. Are you air or ground? I talked to a Marine today who said his Bellevilles were pretty much on in size.

USMCHOG

Gaijin he

OSU, Nihongo ga Hanaseru? Boku wa 5 nen kan gurai nihongo wo benkyou ****eru, 2nen kan gurai nihon ni sunda koto ga aru, Tokyo no Nihongo gakkou to Nagoya Daigaku de benkyou ****a. 1996 kara 2000 made boku wa kaiheitai no Sogekihei datta, Gunsou ni natta, 189 ni hairisou da

Translation for FLYMARINES

Gaijin,

Yo whats up? Do you speak Japanese? I have been studying Japanese for about 5 years, and I lived in Japan for about 2 years. I studied at a Japanese language school in Tokyo, and I studied at Nagoya Univeristy. From 1996 to 2000 I was a sniper in the Marines, were I picked up Sgt. Looks like I will be attending OCC-189.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Just thought I'd point out that Airwarriors is an all English website my first-time-posting friend. Just kidding.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I think it's pretty funny that the site blocked out the Japanese words that just happen to contain the same letters as English curse words.

My Nihongo was coming along nicely after getting punched in the head for mispronouncing things for two weeks and having to translate English curses for my students at Japan's National Defense Academy. It seems that and how to get into American girls' pants are all they wanted to know about.

I wasn't complaining, though, as it left many very attractive Japanese girls for me.

123Fly

Where to buy MARPAT boots?

Being a civilian where can I buy MARPAT boots to practice running in for OCS?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
My personal opinion, you don't need to get boots before hand...if you do however I would recommend just about anything BUT Bates...

pjxc415

pilot
jamnww said:
My personal opinion, you don't need to get boots before hand...if you do however I would recommend just about anything BUT Bates...

I concur with jamn. I had bates for 9 months before ocs. They tore the sh*t out of my feet every single time i used them. When i got to ocs i was issued belleville jungle and icbs and didn't get a single blister the entire time i was there.