• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCMAP Mandatory Training Mega Thread

What level of MCMAP have you completed?

• Total voters

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
The guys in our TBS company who already had their tans were forced to go through the whole tan belt program again (for some unknown reason). It might be different for each company ... we did a lot of BS that other companies never did. But hey, no prob. Hopfully you can go work with the other guys who already have their tans and not have your time wasted. Good luck bro.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I'm going to be trying to do the same thing... I might actually already have my grey belt by the time TBS rolls around this fall (we just started up training at my reserve unit). I wonder if I can advance past that at TBS.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
In Alpha all Tan's became... yep Tan's again. I think even the grey had to redo it. Unless you were Green Belt instructor or higher then yep you get to do it over. However towards the end of you MCMAP wk the Tan qual guys did get some grey training, and if you have good MCMAP rep then you can move up on the wkends on your own.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
As stated, it varies between companies for various reasons. The sustainment time counts, though, and you'll probably have some MCMAP PT time toward higher belts (or sustainment time, if you're higher than gray). Just make sure you pick up a log book (from the MCMAP rep or the MACE) and log the time. You should check out the MACE (Martial Arts Center of Excellence) in your "down time" to get some awesome training.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
heard good things about the MACE from our PTI over at brown field... I'll definitely look into it. My brother has been doing martial arts for the last decade, makes me want to get into it.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
heard good things about the MACE from our PTI over at brown field... I'll definitely look into it. My brother has been doing martial arts for the last decade, makes me want to get into it.

The guys over there have no problem kickin your ass into shape (in a good way) and getting you up one or two belts if time permits.

USMC_NA

i saw some of the broke dicks get up to black belt 49th degree while i was there.........ps.......once you start your flight training, all that MCMAP stuff goes right out the window along with your cammies, so take it with a grain of salt

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Some guys view martial arts training as a measure of motivation and dedication to the Marine Corps. And, it does look nice on a FitRep, along with a 1st class PFT and double Expert shooting scores. So it has an indirect, at best, impact on your career.