• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCMAP Mandatory Training Mega Thread

What level of MCMAP have you completed?

• Total voters

shimbo

They made all priors short of a black belt do all the tan belt training. Which includes the oh so fun LZ drills. However, at certain times they had prior green belts and up help with the teaching of the particular skills, but in regards to being completely exempt from the training, they were not. You will have time to work on advancing on test day. So while all the Lt's are getting tested, you will go on your seperate program and work on your next belt. That's what they did with us at least.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
They made all priors short of a black belt do all the tan belt training. Which includes the oh so fun LZ drills. However, at certain times they had prior green belts and up help with the teaching of the particular skills, but in regards to being completely exempt from the training, they were not. You will have time to work on advancing on test day. So while all the Lt's are getting tested, you will go on your seperate program and work on your next belt. That's what they did with us at least.

That just makes a whole lot of sense, unless they're short on instructors to work with the ones who've already gotten their tan belts. If you've got a long wait for API, there should be a chance to progress further with the MCMAP instructors at MATSG-21. I had a few buddies who were able to get up to Green - one up to Brown, before classing up with API.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
If you've got a long wait for API, there should be a chance to progress further with the MCMAP instructors at MATSG-21. I had a few buddies who were able to get up to Green - one up to Brown, before classing up with API.

This past spring they (MATSG-21) were running MCMAP courses almost continuously. The class would kick off at 0600 and run until 0900 or so. 3 weeks of training for a grey or green belt, 4 weeks for a brown belt. It's possible things have changed, but you ought to at least be able to get one belt while you are there. I was in the pool for 3.5 months and had the time to get grey and green. It would have been possible to go for brown as well, but they passed a rule stating no MCMAP within 1 month of classing up while I was there.

As far as TBS goes, they were letting mike co people work with the MACE to get belts. We had two guys in our company end up as Black Belt IT's, but they weren't doing IFS at the same time. During the week of MCMAP, most of the guys who already had belts just worked with us, that is to say they didn't get a grey/green/brown belt.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
The TBS MCMAP training is completely company-dependent. It is possible to get hours in during IFS if you can work around the MACE's schedule, or better yet, find another Lt in M Co who is an instructor. If you got one in your platoon during TBS, see if you can get an hour or so every week, and you should be ready to go up a belt by the end of the six months. This carries down to MATSG-21, which also offers ample opportunity to belt-up in a class, which might mean that there are many Lt instructors who will work with you privately.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
bon_jovi said:
I am going to IFS before TBS. Am I able to get a head start on mcmap while in mike company? Do priors have to do tan belt again with the company?
Thanks in advance.

You shouldn't have a problem getting a head start on MCMAP while at IFS, but you will do the tan course over again with your company at TBS. Everyone did the tan course in my company regardless of what belt they already held.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm guessing Semper Fu is a graded event there? Just like swim where regardless of quals a prior may have they msut do the whole deal

thorman

pilot
was just wandering if anyone has heard if it is possible to take the mcmap classes in p-cola after getting winged, during the multi-month wait for the FRS

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I'm sure they wouldn't mind you joining in on the class. You'll just have to find someone in your chain o' command to sign off on the new belt.

GT Propjock

was just wandering if anyone has heard if it is possible to take the mcmap classes in p-cola after getting winged, during the multi-month wait for the FRS

I haven't seen too many pilots (couldn't answer for NFOs) stay in Pensacola after winging. I PCS'd within a week of my winging to Cherry Point where our FRS was located.

If your staying though, I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't let you .

NapalmRat

MCMAP Training/Sustainment

I'm a prior enlisted slated for TBS in april. I already have my tan belt but haven't done sustainment training on it since i was in the IRR during the OCS candidate period.
When I get to TBS will I spend the whole time doing sustainment training for tan belt (which is what, 6 hours?) or will I go for the gray belt. Or will I do the sustainment training and then just get credit towards the next belt but not actually get it while at TBS?
Thx

FLY_USMC

pilot
You'll be able to work up to, and get, your next belt. There will undoubtedly be other priors that are in the same boat, and will work separately on their belts.