• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCMAP Mandatory Training Mega Thread

What level of MCMAP have you completed?

• Total voters

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
THat kind of stuff just doesn't work in a flying environment. Infantry and Aviation are as far apart as possible.
Concur. I've been in three squadrons that have tried various ways to implement the 3x per week group PT thing and it never works. It is impossible to do any kind of flight ops when everyone is off doing PT. Even if you start at 0700, people won't be back to work and changed until 0900 or 0930. The best compromise I've seen is to establish a command climate that lets people PT individually at some point before, durring or after working hours and to let LPOs manage their people that way.

Bottom line as far as I see it - PRT failures should get frequent, rigorous and supervised PT sessions. For the other 90%, hey it's your responsibility and ultimately your FITREP/EVAL which is on the line, so pass the God damned PRT or find a new occupation.

Brett

Midshipmanjosh

Mcmap

I just graduated from OCS and i was really interested in getting started working on my tan belt. Does anyone have any info? I live in Pensacola so im guessing that there is an instructor down here somewhere with all the enlisted marines and flight students down here.

Carno

Insane
Did you get commissioned?

I was told that nothing could be done in regards to MCMAP until you get commissioned. Well, except practice I guess.

phrogpilot73

Midshipmanjosh said:
I just graduated from OCS and i was really interested in getting started working on my tan belt. Does anyone have any info? I live in Pensacola so im guessing that there is an instructor down here somewhere with all the enlisted marines and flight students down here.
There's a good chance that you won't get a Tan Belt for a while. In general, pilots & aircrew don't get much of a chance to work on any MCMAP belts for fear of getting injured. When I got my Tan Belt, it was on the translant on the way home from deployment. Because if I got injured then, not a big deal, but every other time when you're dealing with trying to make a flight schedule, good luck.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Not sure about this, but I believe most graduate from TBS with a gray belt these days. Anyone know for sure?

Whalebite

Most do not get their grey belts, I beleive one plt did but they were tested by a non cert instructor, at least thats the rumor I heard. Everyone gets their tan at TBS.

Crowbar

None
Just do it when you get to TBS. Even if you're going for an advanced belt, you'll still have to do the Combat Conditioning Exercise (aka hazefest) with all the tan belts.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Just do it when you get to TBS. Even if you're going for an advanced belt, you'll still have to do the Combat Conditioning Exercise (aka hazefest) with all the tan belts.

what he said

...but then again, people around here are renowned for not taking the advice of those who have BTDT.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I know that we have to do tan belt over... I know.. its lame... but what are yah gonna do. As far as IFS I dunno.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
bon_jovi said:
I am going to IFS before TBS. Am I able to get a head start on mcmap while in mike company? Do priors have to do tan belt again with the company?
Thanks in advance.

If you still have your documentation then they can work with all the Priors to get up to the next belts...while the rest of the company works on their tan belts...that was how they did it with my company...

GT Propjock

Take the opportunity to get the sustainment while you can. Once you hit flight school the chance to get MCMAP belts is pretty slim unless you can find an instructor, which has been rare while I have been going through. :timebomb_

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
If you still have your documentation then they can work with all the Priors to get up to the next belts...while the rest of the company works on their tan belts...that was how they did it with my company...

Yes, they pull all of those with belts out of the main group and let them work on sustainment hours for other belts. You may have to spend some time with the majority of the LTs, but during the bulk of their tan belt hours you can work with the priors. Mike Co Lts have been able to work on MCMAP, but most of your time will be spent hanging around the airport. Their schedule isn't the most accomodating over at the MACE, and its often hard to fit in. Depending on which flight school you get, you may be able to squeeze in more time (Dulles and Quantico, for example).
Keep in mind that only two days out of the entire POI are spent on getting the tan belt... not a huge opportunity to advance. Good luck at IFS and TBS.