• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random8145

Sorry, while KBH has tons of great political experience, she is officially pro-choice which would have angered the very vocal and powerful Religious wing of the Republican party. Not so wise a choice politically.

Good point, yes the evangelical wing of the Republican party would have been alienated over that issue, and like it or not, they are needed for any Republican to win. Palin can pull a lot of HRC voters because even though she is pro-life, many of HRC voters are smart enough to realize Roe v Wade is unlikely to be overturned anytime soon, and also many of them I think were voting because they wanted to see a woman win. Hutchison would have pulled the HRC voters I think as well, but completely alienated the pro-lifers. That issue is extremely important to them.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

Pro-contraception, pro-woman, pro-life. (Aug 2006)

She is pro-contraception and said she's a member of a pro-woman but anti-abortion group called Feminists for Life.

I know this sources doesn't specifically address her eduaction stances but it does show some evidence that her opinions are not as black and white as you make them out to be gtg941f.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Disregarding the rumor that Palin's newest infant is perhaps Bristol's child, anybody else find it incredibly irresponsible of Palin to fly from Texas to Alaska AFTER her water broke?

The more time people have to research this women, the more this choice for VP looks ridiculous. Welcome to national politics. Could I perhaps be sensing a little bit of regret? We knew McCain has regretted it from day one, considering he was the one who wanted to pick Lieberman, but his counsel urged STRONGLY against that.

So, you're now second guessing her personal medical decisions? What's your point, it's her fault the kid came down with Down's Syndrome? Let's get all the cards on the table shall we?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....anybody else find it incredibly irresponsible of Palin to fly from Texas to Alaska AFTER her water broke? ....
What's your source for this -- Daily Kos??? Either put up or I'm going to delete it. There's no place for libel or groundless slurs on Air Warriors ...

UMichfly

pilot
None
Not that a cable news station is really a reliable source. but...http://www.ktuu.com/global/story.asp?s=8194634

The governor's water broke during the energy conference but she stayed and gave a 30-minute speech before boarding an Alaska Airlines plane home to deliver the baby.

Still, I'm with Sen. Obama when he says this kinda shit is irrelevant and should be off limits to news media, pundits, and all other flavors of political asswads.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Unless I'm getting senile, I'm not talking to you -- and I'm not talking about "news stories" but rather the "flow chart"... you can go cold mike now.

P.S. ... unless the rest of you are medical professionals, I would suggest you follow same prior to making ignorant, uninformed medical calls of which you know nothing about ... it just makes you look really stupid, politics aside ...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Okay, so after watching Larry King tonight I have officially lost the last bit of respect I had for CNN. There is a big ole hurricane going on...we have a political convention in MN where "anarchists" are breaking shit, spitting on and kicking cops while people standing around do nothing to help (including the media) and the "bombshell" story is that Gov. Palin's daughter got knocked up?! I wanted to watch coverage of a speech or two and that was the best I get? Fuck that old windbag...:icon_rage

Full disclosure...I was born out of wedlock...so was my dad...and my grandfather is a Lutheran minister...and I turned out marginally normal.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Actually, nobody seems to be making a big to-do out of this yet. There was just an AP report that I've seen so far.

There's no way for Obama-Biden '08 to make a deal out of this without looking like complete insensitive shits. I'm sure their HuffPo/Daily Kos surrogates will.
Yeah Obama has already said to leave the families of McCain-Palin alone.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
The pregnancy is a non-issue for me from the pro-life/pro-choice standpoint. But it is definitely problematic. Anyone that has been in a similar situation knows that the teenage daughter is going to need a lot of help that will detract from Governor Palin's time. That worries me. Because McCain's age and health worries me. McCain for President - sure thing. McCain/Palin - starting to concern me more and more...

This stoopid ass sexist statement pisses me off even more...might as well say "get back in the kitchen"

does anyone not think about the fact that these kids have "gasp" a father?!

Oh no...not a dad taking care of his kids...

gtg941f

pilot
Unless I'm getting senile, I'm not talking to you -- and I'm not talking about "news stories" but rather the "flow chart"... you can go cold mike now.

P.S. ... unless the rest of you are medical professionals, I would suggest you follow same prior to making ignorant, uninformed medical calls of which you know nothing about ... it just makes you look really stupid, politics aside ...

I have spoken personally with OBGYNs about this, and yes, it is irresponsible to fly in that condition. It's not some left wing conspiracy. General practice for pregnant women to need explicit consent from their OBGYN to travel after 7 months of pregnancy. Don't just brush it off and threaten to delete stuff because you support her. Thanks mmx for actually posting those articles.

Lighten up, the flow chart is a joke...you know, a joke...laughing...joke... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.