• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogpilot73

Fox News is reporting that they have confirmed through a member of McCain's staff that Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska is his VP pick. Interesting...

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I love it. Grabbing the "woman vote" from Hillary supporters I think. I can support it based on what I know.

She's a hockey mom...how could I not like her!?

Plus...do I see a bit of cougar in her?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
if it's true, it's one hell of an attempt to snag those disgruntled hilary women voters. could work out pretty well. I'm impressed with the direction of the campaign in the past few weeks.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Agreed. Plus the DNC tactic of attacking Bush, and then trying to equate McCain to Bush is a bad tactic considering the guy has been very outspoken against the President on a variety of issues.
Plus, throw in a competent female VP nominee with executive experience. I was hoping to hear specifics from Obama, but instead heard flowery rhetoric. Not entirely unexpected but you can only get so much mileage out of "change".
But Sheryl Crow is still smokin', especially for a lib.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
This is also a blow to Obama's "change" mantra and history making angle... Brilliant choice for McCain.

phrogpilot73

They spoke about the "change" Obama speaks of. Their words? Two US Senators versus a Senator and a Governor. Which one's more indicative of "outsiders?" They also mentioned she's the only one on any ticket with Executive experience. Plus, when people start railing about protecting the environment, no drilling in ANWAR... Guess what? She's the governor of Alaska and she says drill in ANWAR.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Absolutely the choice I was hoping for. Not only does the fact that she is a woman do a lot for his ticket...but she dovetails extremely well with McCain in terms of policy and provides a solid, traditionally conservative policy background to the ticket.

Bravo.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
lol. "Solid Pick."

Ya... being a mayor of a podunk Alaskan town, then being the governor for 1.5 years of arguably one of the most corrupt state governments in the Union. Wow. Way to hit back at that "experience" angle you were attacking.

Anti-gay, Husband works for BP, and embroiled in a corruption scandal for improperly using her influence. Come to think of it, she's a perfect match for VP.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I was under the impression that she made her mark turning in fellow party members and fighting against the corruption in her state... Nice red herring with the anti-gay remarks really correlates with her decision to veto a bill that would deny benefits to gay employees.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
lol. "Solid Pick."

Ya... being a mayor of a podunk Alaskan town, then being the governor for 1.5 years of arguably one of the most corrupt state governments in the Union. Wow. Way to hit back at that "experience" angle you were attacking.

Anti-gay, Husband works for BP, and embroiled in a corruption scandal for improperly using her influence. Come to think of it, she's a perfect match for VP.

She's not anti-gay. She's anti-same-sex marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.