• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

Chad Cooper

Greetings,
I guess I'm waiting on the same thing. My process is a little different but I really hope the board is soon. My wife is chewing at the bit. Can't wait to start this new part of my career. Just got my package in last week and had 1 correction. They say I'm good to go. Good luck everyone.

JBuell

What I meant was that I found a PDF somewhere that had the board meetings and tentative dates. I have no idea where it was as it's been a few months.

Chad Cooper

What I meant was that I found a PDF somewhere that had the board meetings and tentative dates. I have no idea where it was as it's been a few months.
If your referring to the projected board dates from nav person it only says that the SWO board is rolling. Intel meets on the 15th. There were only a few rolling boards though. Most of them were scheduled.

Xanthus

@JBuell The SWO boards are rolling boards, which means they meet every 90-120 days. The PDF you saw with dates was probably for the other non-rolling boards, but even those board dates can be changed/cancelled based on the needs of the Navy. The last SWO board met February 23rd (or around that time, there was some confusion on the exact day due to snow in TN), which puts us at 90 days on May 23rd and 120 days on June 23, so expect this SWO board to meet in that time frame. We are hoping for sooner, of course, but at least a SWO board is coming.

USSMaximus

Really though. We are hoping that this board will take place on the 26th after Memorial day. However, I have full expectation that this board will be happening in June as much as it kills me to say it.

Chad Cooper

I looked at the last boards thread and the results for releases very quickly. I also saw something that made me nervous. There was a previous service guy that had been rejected 4 times and thought it was because of age. This is a one shot all or nothing thing for me. I just want to know what their answer is so I can go about my merry (but unfulfilling) enlisted work life. Getting told your a Rockstar but your too old sucks. Rip the bandaid off already!

exNavyOffRec

I looked at the last boards thread and the results for releases very quickly. I also saw something that made me nervous. There was a previous service guy that had been rejected 4 times and thought it was because of age. This is a one shot all or nothing thing for me. I just want to know what their answer is so I can go about my merry (but unfulfilling) enlisted work life. Getting told your a Rockstar but your too old sucks. Rip the bandaid off already!

You should have more than one shot, at least a few given your age, but I think you would have a good shot at SWO

Sometimes people keep applying even though they have something that will keep them from getting selected, you can have an issue that will not prevent you from applying but essentially kill your chances at getting a Y from the board.

Could you give an example of one of these issues you've come across in the past? I'm guessing it's either something to do with legal issues or medical?

exNavyOffRec

Could you give an example of one of these issues you've come across in the past? I'm guessing it's either something to do with legal issues or medical?

The boards don't see anything medical so you don't need to worry about that.

GPA is a big one, legal issues prior to enlistment would be the next one on my list.