• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

JBuell

My understanding is that it depends on the community.

Pilot / NFO for example won't look at you if they aren't in the first or second slot. SWO won't if they are the third choice, etc.

irish08slasher

Irishslasher
Apologies as I know this question has been answered before but, if SWO is my first choice and I am selected, does that take me out of the running for boards in my second and third choices automatically?

You will be called up and if you decide to go ahead with your pro rec SWO you will taken out of the others, but only after you have made the go ahead.

exNavyOffRec

My understanding is that it depends on the community.

Pilot / NFO for example won't look at you if they aren't in the first or second slot. SWO won't if they are the third choice, etc.

There have been guys picked SNA or SNFO that had it 3rd, they aren't too picky about that, SWO, IDC, Supply are that way though.

Chad Cooper

in the past yes, you would be seen by all, now no, once your first pick is Y you are pulled from others.
Am I correct in thinking that since SWO was my second choice and it meets before Intel on the 15th that my package will be seen by SWO and Intel even if I get picked SWO?

irish08slasher

Irishslasher
Getting disappointed every single day it doesn't arrive isn't a healthy lifestyle choice. It'll come when it comes, expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment.

USSMaximus

My theory is that they are not getting a lot of applications because of the backlog. 1) no one is wanting to wait that long except for us, and 2) some districts are telling their applicants that there will not be a board till October.

Because of that issue, they have to wait till it's been at least 90 days to analyze and figure out when they should have a board. They will most likely try and hold off as long as they can to see if they can get more applications.

When my friend spoke to the NRC, they told him that they are expecting early to mid June, that that was a few weeks ago.

SWOALEXANDER

My theory is that they are not getting a lot of applications because of the backlog. 1) no one is wanting to wait that long except for us, and 2) some districts are telling their applicants that there will not be a board till October.

Because of that issue, they have to wait till it's been at least 90 days to analyze and figure out when they should have a board. They will most likely try and hold off as long as they can to see if they can get more applications.

When my friend spoke to the NRC, they told him that they are expecting early to mid June, that that was a few weeks ago.

@USSMaximus What is the backlog? Also I agree with you, but as with everyone else, I just wish the board would meet now.