• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

exNavyOffRec

What about GPA? Are you talking about individuals whom apply with 2.5 or the like?

It depends, there are those designators that have many open spots so those that are just over the PA minimum keep applying even though it is rare for a person to get picked up with GPA like that, and then there are the very competitive designators where people keep applying with average GPA's with low chance of selection while they could try for other designators and probably get picked up quite easily.

Chad Cooper

What about GPA? Are you talking about individuals whom apply with 2.5 or the like?
yeah I'm nervous about that too. I tried college before the navy and didn't do so hot (2003). After the nuke program I learned study discipline. The grades were so low that they didn't count towards my degree but I still had to turn it in. Ever since then I've never made less than an A. I graduated with a 3.54 so we shall see.

Brooksssiiieee

Ok, can someone help inform me a little bit? So, let's say I get chosen at this board coming up May/June, that means I've been Pro Rec'd correct? This doesn't necessarily mean I will have a date for OCS or have been sworn in yet? Are those two things part of final selection? I'm just trying to outline the next couple steps to come in my mind if picked up at this board. Excuse my ignorance, and thank you for the help :)

I don't think your sworn in until after OCS. I think the process betwixt the Pec Rec and FINSEL has to do with medical and security/background/criminal check. So as long as nothing odd pops up there, Pro Rec seems like a pretty good indication of going to OCS. FINSEL will have your OCS date. I've read story's of it taking anywhere between a few weeks up to over half a year to get FINSEL after receiving Pro Rec.

I don't think your sworn in until after OCS. I think the process betwixt the Pec Rec and FINSEL has to do with medical and security/background/criminal check. So as long as nothing odd pops up there, Pro Rec seems like a pretty good indication of going to OCS. FINSEL will have your OCS date. I've read story's of it taking anywhere between a few weeks up to over half a year to get FINSEL after receiving Pro Rec.
Swear in prior to OCS, commission at the end of OCS.

Brooksssiiieee

Sweet, thanks guys. I graduated college last Friday and barely missed the February board.. Sooo I'm just ready for the next board and to get this show on the road!

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
I am between pro-rec and OCS right now. Once you get the good news back from the board, you will need to sign some paperwork that opens your background investigation and then you'll start the wait for your final selection letter, which varies from weeks to months due to factors beyond your control (needs of the Navy, etc.). The final selection letter contains your OCS date. You'll swear in (enlist) sometime between when your FINSEL is finalized and your report date, and then commission as an officer at the end of OCS.

I was lucky enough to wait only a few weeks between selection and getting my letter, which was for 5 July 2015. Some on here have waited as long as a year or more due to circumstances like overselected communities. I've heard of people getting less advance notice but it seems to be that most people know their OCS date at least 6 to 8 weeks ahead of when they are expected to show up, if not more. For me it was just less than 8 weeks. I'm scheduled to go swear in the second week of June.

Brooksssiiieee

I am between pro-rec and OCS right now. Once you get the good news back from the board, you will need to sign some paperwork that opens your background investigation and then you'll start the wait for your final selection letter, which varies from weeks to months due to factors beyond your control (needs of the Navy, etc.). The final selection letter contains your OCS date. You'll swear in (enlist) sometime between when your FINSEL is finalized and your report date, and then commission as an officer at the end of OCS.

I was lucky enough to wait only a few weeks between selection and getting my letter, which was for 5 July 2015. Some on here have waited as long as a year or more due to circumstances like overselected communities. I've heard of people getting less advance notice but it seems to be that most people know their OCS date at least 6 to 8 weeks ahead of when they are expected to show up, if not more. For me it was just less than 8 weeks. I'm scheduled to go swear in the second week of June.
That helped a lot, thank you! I'm hoping to be as lucky as you are, but hey, I suppose everything will work out as it should. Good luck come July!

Thanks for correcting me guys! Good job on getting in Scaevola, your stats definitely prove you earned it. Any inside into what the background check entails? I've heard everything from simply contacting the people you provided the numbers for in the APSR to actually sending out FBI agents to make contacts with your neighbors...!

Thanks for correcting me guys! Good job on getting in Scaevola, your stats definitely prove you earned it. Any inside into what the background check entails? I've heard everything from simply contacting the people you provided the numbers for in the APSR to actually sending out FBI agents to make contacts with your neighbors...!
The amount of involvement for your investigation depends on several factors, such as the type of investigation / clearance level and whether or not they see anything in your record that they want to ask more questions about. I had an SSBI done, so it was fairly in-depth. My Navy investigation has been back for over a year.

Chad Cooper

OK I have a prediction. Every time I made rank they had to call me to inform me because I was on liberty or leave. I go on leave on the 29th so I say they sit the board on the 1st and release results on Friday the 5th.

Signup15

I have a question about the non-academic portions of the ASTB-E. I have scores but do the board members see the "Biographical Inventory with Response Validation (BI-RV)" responses? For the example... "Can you identify a misused word in a sentence"? (not actual test question). How are those questions used to evaluate a candidate and do the board members see the results? @NavyOffRec or anyone who knows.

Apologies as I know this question has been answered before but, if SWO is my first choice and I am selected, does that take me out of the running for boards in my second and third choices automatically?