• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

USSMaximus

*Numbers are not exact, but I believe they are close

Apparently the SWO school is being backlogged, so recent graduates of OCS are now waiting and piling up to go to the SWO school, and now because of that, OCS is being backlogged. For the FY of 2015, the Navy was originally looking for something like 250 SWOs. After selecting most of that, they ended up cutting that number down to like 150, but had a lot more than that already Pro-Recd. So, there are like 60-ish SWO selects waiting to go to OCS that were pushed to the FY of 2016 (starting in July). That's why there are so many SWOs in purgatory. Also, anyone who is getting selected now (starting with the February board) is being told that they most likely won't be going to OCS until October-ish, however, some NRDs are saying that there won't be any boards till October. That's where that is coming from.

SWOALEXANDER

Apparently the SWO school is being backlogged, so recent graduates of OCS are now waiting and piling up to go to the SWO school, and now because of that, OCS is being backlogged. For the FY of 2015, the Navy was originally looking for something like 250 SWOs. After selecting most of that, they ended up cutting that number down to like 150, but had a lot more than that already Pro-Recd. So, there are like 60-ish SWO selects waiting to go to OCS that were pushed to the FY of 2016 (starting in July). That's why there are so many SWOs in purgatory. Also, anyone who is getting selected now (starting with the February board) is being told that they most likely won't be going to OCS until October-ish, however, some NRDs are saying that there won't be any boards till October. That's where that is coming from.

@USSMaximus thanks for the info! Let's hope they get the purge squared away pronto! It would be nice to at least have the board meet soon so that we can hopefully get prorec'd soon. I'd rather be prorec'd and have to wait a while for OCS than to sit in suspense waiting.

I feel a bit selfish. On one hand I want to be an officer in the Navy first, but on the other hand, I feel an idiosyncratic compulsion to know whether or not I would be selected for INTEL. As SWO was my first option, a part of me is hoping the SWO board is held after June 15. So I apologize in advance to my brothers and sisters in waiting. Sorry if my bad joo-joo delays the board schedule :-/

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Who told you this information? If the answer was me I deleted that post because it was confirmed to be false information.

62539661.jpg

Aehn

I just got an email from my recruiter saying he called around and was informed that my application was at the SWO board that met last week... results should be out by early next week. Anyone else hear similar news?

SWOALEXANDER

I just got an email from my recruiter saying he called around and was informed that my application was at the SWO board that met last week... results should be out by early next week. Anyone else hear similar news?

Can anyone else confirm this information? It would be awesome if this was true!

irish08slasher

Irishslasher

Well that's a shot out of the dark. My recruiter didn't utter a peep, anyone care to second?