• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

RCArce01

Ok ladies and gents... I just received a txt from my recruiter saying that the board is this Wednesday. Take it with a grain of salt but what my recruiter has told me up to this point has been spot on.
Damn, that's hardly 60 days after the last board. If that's the case, I will be missing this board by about 10 days or so... Regardless, good luck to all who've already submitted their kits.

Last edited:

banjosquirrel

Because it's part of the process to do the check after you're selected. No reason to waste $$$ doing a background check and end up not being selected.
Any idea why they might do it before, then? I haven't had a package seen by any boards yet but I've had an agent interview me (for around 3 hours) as well as probably 15 friends, family members, professors, and co-workers.

exNavyOffRec

To give an answer to all of you about the background check, I can personally say No, background checks come before the board...I have done mine...I actually did mine a few months back
I was one of the guys who missed last board by a few days...so having the background check doesn't signal anything.

If you have questions about it I can give Ya the details...
Basically they just ask to talk to managers and people you work with, some neighbors to make sure everything you had written down agrees with your references.

Basically makes sure you are who you say you are.

background checks are supposed to be after you get a pro Y, but if the processor submits the signature pages before the board it triggers the investigation, the investigators don't know if you have been selected and don't care, they just know a background investigation has been requested.

banjosquirrel

background checks are supposed to be after you get a pro Y, but if the processor submits the signature pages before the board it triggers the investigation, the investigators don't know if you have been selected and don't care, they just know a background investigation has been requested.
Thanks. Do you know what type of security clearance the investigation is for? Is it the same for all applicants or is it different based on community?

USSMaximus

I was told that for SWO it was a secret clearance until you are a higher rank. Then, you need a top secret. (SWOs are taking over this thread!)

MemphisBell

pilot
Damn, that's hardly 60 days after the last board. If that's the case, I will be missing this board by about 10 days or so... Regardless, good luck to all who've already submitted their kits.
Last year they had a board in late April then again in late June. They have the rule of 90-180 days but if they have enough packets for the # of slots then they will hold a board. I think in our case, they already had a good number of packets that just missed the last board.

lliesemeyer

I mean wouldn't that same principle then apply to this board then? If they have an impromptu board I feel like there will be a similar effect as the last, tons of people will miss it and then there would have to be another board to account for that, and this trend would continue until nobody had expectations about the board being every 90-120 days. Not doubting anything you are saying, just seems quite illogical in my opinion.

lliesemeyer

you realize you are applying to be part of the US Navy, which is part of the US Gov't right? get ready for illogical being a way of life....
I understand that, I was more trying to say that if boards keep happening early I thought there would be a continued pattern of this. Really just trying to convince myself that the board won't meet this week because I don't want to wait again.

cmwz1510r

pilot
None
I understand that, I was more trying to say that if boards keep happening early I thought there would be a continued pattern of this. Really just trying to convince myself that the board won't meet this week because I don't want to wait again.
It's not happening early, since Pilot, NFO, and SWO are rolling boards, the board convenes when they have enough packages. There is no set schedule for them. There is the 6-12 week timeframe that they "usually" happen in but if they have enough packages they can hold a board two weeks after the previous one.

kITTY pURRY

If the board does indeed meet this week (and has dazzlingly high acceptance rates ;) ) what kind of OCS dates would we potentially be looking at? I've heard everything from a month to six months or more out. Does anyone have any idea how backlogged things are?