• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

MemphisBell

pilot
I know it was sent out of my home recruiting office 2 weeks ago, and that as of today the status was at NRC but that's it...
I know that once I signed the last of the paper work ( on March 24) , my packet was sent to the District office where it had to be reviewed and signed. It was then forwarded back to my local office who submitted it to NRC on March 26.

sharkbait1

pilot
Mine was sent out on the March 26 but I received a text from my recruiter yesterday saying that the program manager approved me for pilot and nfo and was forwarded to the board. I know before this, my status was "at PM" and im pretty sure your status has to be "at Pro Board" to be seen by the board. Maybe they are still working on kits for tomorrow and your status will be changed by the end of the day.
Accidentally wrote PM, meant NRC. But my office wasnt aware of the board as of this morning. I'll call tomorrow and hopefully get an answer if I'm at this board...

mz247

Good luck to you both, I can tell you from my experience, my kit as been at the board since the last one convened...
It's just that it was not early enough, and they had already filled their quota. So even though it was there a couple days before the board, it wasn't chosen to be looked at.

But prayers to you both.

RCArce01

Been working my ass off the past 3 weeks getting everything lined up for the "May" board only to have it convene a month earlier than expected. Ahh bummer, guess that's how it goes sometimes. Good luck to all in this board, I'll be living vicariously through you all...

MemphisBell

pilot
Good luck to you both, I can tell you from my experience, my kit as been at the board since the last one convened...
It's just that it was not early enough, and they had already filled their quota. So even though it was there a couple days before the board, it wasn't chosen to be looked at.

But prayers to you both.

So does the board view the kits based on when they were submitted? I heard that they view all the kits that are handed to them and rate them. The people that are rated high get there first pick and the lower rated get the scraps if there are any. If your status is at Pro Board when the board takes place, then your packet should be seen. Could there of been an issue with your kit before the last board met?

MemphisBell

pilot
If the board does indeed meet this week (and has dazzlingly high acceptance rates ;) ) what kind of OCS dates would we potentially be looking at? I've heard everything from a month to six months or more out. Does anyone have any idea how backlogged things are?

Im thinking late July or August. Could be later though since this will be when all the FY16 classes will be starting and there are a ton of SWO's and NFO's that have been waiting patiently for FY16 classes.

mz247

So does the board view the kits based on when they were submitted? I heard that they view all the kits that are handed to them and rate them. The people that are rated high get there first pick and the lower rated get the scraps if there are any. If your status is at Pro Board when the board takes place, then your packet should be seen. Could there of been an issue with your kit before the last board met?
Well from what I was told, my recruiter looked it up for me when I heard the board was going on, she said that my kit wasn't marked Y or N, it had some other marking (I forgot what it was)
And she said that it meant it was there, but they had already reached their limit of kits, so it wasn't looked at.
Some people online told me it meant my kit had something wrong but she assured me that it had nothing to do with that. And she was checking on it weekly to make sure that my kit was all clear to be seen for the next one. In case there was some hiccup.

She said there's a random magic number they decide on. And say it's 100 and you're the 101 kit sent to be seen, then you'll be pushed to the next board. Not even looked at.

Although I still do worry about my stats lol I hope I make it man 0.o

sharkbait1

pilot
I know that once I signed the last of the paper work ( on March 24) , my packet was sent to the District office where it had to be reviewed and signed. It was then forwarded back to my local office who submitted it to NRC on March 26.
Well from what I was told, my recruiter looked it up for me when I heard the board was going on, she said that my kit wasn't marked Y or N, it had some other marking (I forgot what it was)
And she said that it meant it was there, but they had already reached their limit of kits, so it wasn't looked at.
Some people online told me it meant my kit had something wrong but she assured me that it had nothing to do with that. And she was checking on it weekly to make sure that my kit was all clear to be seen for the next one. In case there was some hiccup.

She said there's a random magic number they decide on. And say it's 100 and you're the 101 kit sent to be seen, then you'll be pushed to the next board. Not even looked at.

when was your kit submitted?

MemphisBell

pilot

Your stats are just fine!! If your kit makes it to the "big dance", im sure you will be picked up. I think this board is due for another good selection rate. As for my kit, im just going to assume its going to the board so I wont worry about it.

mz247

So you had to resubmit your kit after it wasn't seen by the Feb Board?
Thanks guy,
And no it was just pushed to the next one.
I didn't have to change anything or do anything
My recruiter just said it was a waiting game.
Absolutely nothing Her or I could've done.

Donald Auld

So.. How certain are we that this board is happening tomorrow? I submitted my packet March 25th, and unfortunately I'm not ProBoard yet.... I'm gonna be so bummed if it is tomorrow.