• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

bkos1207

Just hang tight ladies and gents. We'll get there. Out of curiosity what do you all do for work in the interim while you wait for the Navy gods to smile upon us?
I'm the guy that runs around with the big camera on my shoulder for a local TV news station! It's either full throttle or idle around here, and in the down time you can bet I'm sitting on AW hitting the refresh button and dreaming for good news!

AttackCanary

Just hang tight ladies and gents. We'll get there. Out of curiosity what do you all do for work in the interim while you wait for the Navy gods to smile upon us?
I'm a flight test engineer at Sikorsky Aircraft... Doing things like making all the RFM charts for Black Hawks and whatnot.

I'm almost to my two year mark as a staffer in the US Senate, so needless to say I'm pretty tired of sitting in a cubicle and itching to be in a cockpit!

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Submitted my kit though my squadron on friday. Hopefully my skipper will sign off on it in time for this board. Would any OR or processor know a good "no later than" deadline for submittal to make this board? I'm aiming for absolutely no later than the end of the month

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
Submitted my kit though my squadron on friday. Hopefully my skipper will sign off on it in time for this board. Would any OR or processor know a good "no later than" deadline for submittal to make this board? I'm aiming for absolutely no later than the end of the month
I'd get it in ASAP. My OR says that he thinks that it'll be sometime this month and could be any day

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
Of course we could still be here twiddling our thumbs at the end of May. I still stand by my comment though that you should get it in ASAP. I barely missed the February board and I would hate to see someone else in the same boat on this board

MemphisBell

pilot
My OR said that we "need" to have it in by the end of March. He sounded like it was pretty urgent so I would get your packet in ASAP. Even after you submit, your packet still has to go through several checks at NRC which can take 1 day to 1 month. All of my papers went to NRC on March 26, which is only 50 days since the last board, and I'm still afraid I might miss the next board. With all of the people who barely missed last board, I wouldn't be surprised if they are nearing or have already met the quota for packets for this next board.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Well since I'm active navy my submittal process is very straight forward. This is also not my first rodeo with the pilot/nfo board so I know everything that needs to be there is there. Simply a question of how long it takes my skipper to sign off on it. Then it's one email and wait. Last time I had a response same day, sent some supplemental requested paperwork and ready for board the next day

MemphisBell

pilot
All this excitement!
Ok so 1 OR says packet sent by end of March
And 2 OR's under the impression of a April board.

LET THE CONSPIRACY BEGIN!
Guess we have a strong cases for an April board then lol. But in all seriousness, I hate to add on to all the speculation because well... it's speculation and I really don't know shit. Im still hoping for a mayish board so everyone can get their packets in.

EMTpilot

Guess we have a strong cases for an April board then lol. But in all seriousness, I hate to add on to all the speculation because well... it's speculation and I really don't know shit. Im still hoping for a mayish board so everyone can get their packets in.
While I absolutely love the camaraderie you are displaying by wanting everyone on board for this let me selfishly just say: "Kick the tires and light the fires! I hope this board goes down tomorrow morning!"