• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Math and Physics requirements

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My theory is that it is a hold over from the Rickover Nuclear days (everything was going to be Nuke). Now we are left with subs and CVNs. If you go subs, then those classes are important for the application. If you don't go subs, it won't come up again unless you are going before selection boards for CVN XO and CO
Unless of course you go SWO nuke

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One caveat... You might need to get the course at another university/school blessed by the unit, as well. I did, since it was on scholarship. It was pretty straight forward, but I had to at least try at the UF course (and go down in flames) before I could submit the request to go to the community college and take it.
Unless of course you can show that you need the course but are not able to register for it because it's full.... or something else beyond your control.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I don't mean to take us on a tangent, but does anyone know the potential consequences for not completing CALC II by the end of your sophmore year? I only ask because I seem to have recently found myself in somewhat of a tight situation. Thanks.

I'm sure it varies by unit, but what I saw was that you submit a chit to take it your Junior year. If approved, you're good. If not, expect a board that will probably say you need to take it your junior year. If you're a dirt bag, your mileage may vary, but that seemed to be general way of things.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
I'm sure it varies by unit, but what I saw was that you submit a chit to take it your Junior year. If approved, you're good. If not, expect a board that will probably say you need to take it your junior year. If you're a dirt bag, your mileage may vary, but that seemed to be general way of things.

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm in pretty good standing with my unit - Calc 2 has been my only real problem so far. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting my scholarship on the line. It is by far the worst class I have ever had to take!