• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

I know there aren't detailed reports or anything, but have yo'll noticed any characteristics the boards seem to like in civilian applicants? I'm applying IW-SWO, IW, and IP-SWO and I would think the SWO options would make more sense for civilians without prior service but that's just a thought.

Tech degree, high GPA, and LOR's showing leadership are probably as ideal you can get with a civilian applicant, the more you stray from that the less your chances are.

SWO IW and SWO IP are tiny designators probably about less than 10 per year, IW is usually about 30.

Yes, the limit, estimate, guideline, wishful thinking, etc. A previous poster put up 42, and while I don't doubt the quantitative muster of the guess, I find that having any solid number just helps take the edge off.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Yes, the limit, estimate, guideline, wishful thinking, etc. A previous poster put up 42, and while I don't doubt the quantitative muster of the guess, I find that having any solid number just helps take the edge off.
What designators did you apply for and what's your background?

PettyOfficerCJ

While this is true there are certain things that cannot be considered, the civilian applicants fill out the SF86 and those that appear to have issues would not be sent to board.

It is the experience that really pushes the IDC enlisted over the top.

That's why I'm thankful that I enlisted. I simply just wanted to work for the Navy while I continued to pursue Navy OCS. I knew I was good with language and went with that. I had no idea that I had just gotten myself into the IDC, but I'm very glad I did!

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Your response gives me more hope of getting picked up...
I just looked at your package stats for the first time (not on mobile for once), and they seem pretty similar to mine. I believe applying IW and SWO-IW as your first and second options really helps demonstrate your desire for that specific designator. If you also geared your essays, LoRs and appraisals towards becoming an IW, the board should (hopefully) see that you're all-in for 1810. I'd like to think that the IDC views packages similarly to the way SWO boards do now, where, if they're not your first or second choice, you're right out.
Additionally, the the Cybersecurity degree from UMUC, as well as your CTN experience, should carry a good deal of weight. The only thing you don't have is a combat deployment, which is understandable for your rate. @PettyOfficerCJ has already shown via her selection that TiR and deployments aren't a must, although I still believe they provide a nice boost to applications.
Overall, I think you're in a pretty good spot. If you don't get picked up this time, just stay the course and better your package any way that you can.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
As a previous hopeful from the September board, putting a number on it and counting down just makes the wait that much longer. Hell, the thread we had reached 130 pages before we got results. As much as the guys here want to look at that board as an anomaly, the fact is that it was the most recent, and could potentially be the new standard.
Before joining AW, I'd turned my package in under the assumption that I'd hear back in about two months. As it turned out, my assumption was pretty spot-on, but that didn't keep me from buying into the "next week" talk on the boards here every week leading up to it.
My advice would be not to get too invested in the timeline. There were a lot of folks who did last time, and, as is usually the case, the scant selection numbers made a lot of people bitter. Just check in here maybe once every two days to see the updates, or whenever you have a question, and you'll be golden. Everything outside of that is just going to be speculation. Even the OCS Help Desk won't know anything until they have the results in-hand, in which case you'll see the results within a couple of hours after that.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I just received my N3M letter, clearing one of the many hurdles as physically qualified. Additionally, my clearance doesn't expire until 2018, hopefully paving the way for a quick transition if fortunately selected from this board.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Not sure if anyone has read past IDC board posts, but the previous NOPO gave great information and insight into the NRC world. It would definitely be nice to at least understand the process and timetable involved from what he saw.

exNavyOffRec

I looked through the September board posts and now I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

you have great stats, if I was going to put money on any civilian getting selected it would be you, and if you don't get in well, it will show everyone how difficult it is to get IDC as a civilian.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
cookie_monster_waiting.gif