• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

kherr

I'm curious. I've seen people posting that they have had interviews. My recruiter did not have me do any interviews. Will this be detrimental to my packet?

Manzo

Amicmanzo
I'm curious. I've seen people posting that they have had interviews. My recruiter did not have me do any interviews. Will this be detrimental to my packet?
After reading previous threads, interviews for Civilians is a BIG (+) on the packet because it really shows the board initiative of pursuing a commission. Although you weren't advised of not getting one, it's not that it won't be detrimental to your packet, it's just that those that DO have them might be rated a bit higher than yours. Your stats are phenomenal by the way, pretty sure it's plenty of weight for the board without interviews. Good luck though!

exNavyOffRec

After reading previous threads, interviews for Civilians is a BIG (+) on the packet because it really shows the board initiative of pursuing a commission. Although you weren't advised of not getting one, it's not that it won't be detrimental to your packet, it's just that those that DO have them might be rated a bit higher than yours. Your stats are phenomenal by the way, pretty sure it's plenty of weight for the board without interviews. Good luck though!

If the person hasn't seen you work/perform it really won't help.

Not a single person I had, or the OR's I trained had that were accepted into IDC had any officer interviews, they did have tech degrees, good GPA's, and community involvement.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
This is my second IDC application; I did not have any interviews on the first one but added some this time. I'm a civilian so they were not required and I had to seek them out on my own. When I looked at my first failed kit and said, "how do I make this better," interviews were about the only thing missing short of going back to school for a tech degree (which I'm also working on). I realized there was some risk that a less-than-ideal interview might actually hurt my kit but I figured I had to take that risk if I wanted a chance to succeed - fortunately I earned high ratings on all three.

Guess we'll find out soon enough if they helped or not!

Manzo

Amicmanzo
CTN2 Manzo,
Your OCS application is currently at board. Board results will be posted to BUPERS BOL. Look on BOL each day to see if the results have posted.

V/r
Ted. M. Williams
Fleet OCS Processor
Navy Recruiting Command (N315)

Just received this update email as of today at 10:08am! Progress...

K.Hog04

Hey at least you got an update. I emailed about my situation to the fleet processor and have yet to get a response. Good Luck!!

CTN2 Manzo,
Your OCS application is currently at board. Board results will be posted to BUPERS BOL. Look on BOL each day to see if the results have posted.

V/r
Ted. M. Williams
Fleet OCS Processor
Navy Recruiting Command (N315)

Just received this update email as of today at 10:08am! Progress...