• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

kherr

I started the process in May 2014. I've been highly apprehensive about this board since the December cancellation. The only word I've recieved so far is 1) the intel board happened 2) my packet was seen 3) results are not yet posted.

Employment opportunities for intel are drying up fast with the wars winding down. The Navy is the ONLY branch of the military recruiting intel officers. I applied for Intel Officer and IW. I have a lot of experience in the intel community captured in my Motivational Statement. I'm just wondering if it is enough with my other credentials.

8 years Army Intelligence (Currently Civilian)
3 combat deployments totaling 27 months to Iraq and Afghanistan as an Intelligence Analyst
3 years experience as a Senior Intelligence Analyst supervising up to 25 intelligence analysts
Co-authored the Army's MOS 35F All source Intelligence Analyst Advanced Course
Designed tools & training for technical intel processing including CELLEX, terrain modeling, database ingestion.
OAR 56
MA International Relations GPA 3.56
BA International Studies GPA 3.06,
AAS Intelligence Operations GPA 3.7
4x LOR's (AF O-7, SOCOM GG-14, Army CW2, Navy O-3)
ARCOM, Good Conduct Medal, 7 others

thebraz81

So I have a stupid question and I'm tired of digging around here to try to find the answer...where on Bupers will the results be posted? The selection boards link?

exNavyOffRec

Nothing on BOL. I guess you are right about SWO not looking at you if it's the 3rd choice. Still have high hopes for IDC though.

When in Feb was your application submitted, maybe you just missed the cutoff and are just waiting for the next board?

kherr

That is a very subjective statement, NRC said many times over several years, "don't recruit for IDC, they will come to you"
Sorry I'll be more specific. I meant the Navy will accept Intel applicants to OCS.

In FY 14 the Air Force accepted 2 intelligence officers to OCS. In FY 15 the Air Force accepted 0.

The Army does not allow OCS candidates to pick their job; you go in a big bucket and you get what you get. Army OCS candidates who want to apply for intel (which isn't going to happen) have to submit a completed TS clearance packet by week 2 of OCS to the S2.

Marines don't accept prior service applicants, except Marines.

LukeS

When in Feb was your application submitted, maybe you just missed the cutoff and are just waiting for the next board?

I submitted my application back in October but my medical PQ got rejected and I had to resubmit new medical documents. The new medical documents were submitted on 04FEB15 and I received an email that same day stating this "You have been granted a medical waiver and found physically qualified medically for OCS, your record has been forwarded for further OCS Processing."

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I received an email from the Fleet OCS Processor, stating "it may be mid to late April before receiving the results", but to keep checking BOL (only accessible by fleet applicants) because results will be posted the same day they arrive at Naval Recruiting Command.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I received an email from the Fleet OCS Processor, stating "it may be mid to late April before receiving the results", but to keep checking BOL (only accessible by fleet applicants) because results will be posted the same day they arrive at Naval Recruiting Command.

Last time, civilian applicants started getting the word a few days before us AD folk saw anything via BOL. Lucky for us, there was an NC1 here with access that provided confirmation of selection or non-selection while we waited for something to appear on BOL.

Mid-April isn't too far off though!

exNavyOffRec

I submitted my application back in October but my medical PQ got rejected and I had to resubmit new medical documents. The new medical documents were submitted on 04FEB15 and I received an email that same day stating this "You have been granted a medical waiver and found physically qualified medically for OCS, your record has been forwarded for further OCS Processing."

On the submission cutoff, talk about getting lucky!

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I am going to go out on a limb here, and predicting that results will released tomorrow or Monday. This thread is very dead and tomorrow is the 18th day out from when the board convened. Many of the past results have come around this time. (Sorry September 2014 applicants, not you) Good luck to everyone.

Igbaf

Sneaky-Beaky Like
Yeah, I mean the budget issues have been going on since before the September board so I would bet that wasn't a precedent setting event or anything, and it was probably related to something else. I'm finishing up all my classwork but this waiting is quite distracting so I'm going to be optimistic if only to help my sanity. At least I'll consider tomorrow as the first day it will be feasible to hear the results.