• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
@RUFiO181, on the DCO IDC forum a member wrote that the Active Duty IDC board was cancelled. Do you have any insight into this?
I apologize for even posting this. If I were to guess, it came from somebody not too informed, who thinks that the Intel designator is the only thing that is looked at for an IDC board.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
That seems to be a common mistake.
You'd think that folks applying for designator would do a little more research on those communities.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
So if intel is one of my designators will my packet go on to the next IDC board if I also applied for IP for this round?

exNavyOffRec

So if intel is one of my designators will my packet go on to the next IDC board if I also applied for IP for this round?

probably not, if a board is just postponed then the applications are pushed, if a designator is closed then the applications for that designator are "pro X'd" since there are no billets to give.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
Just received my E5 eval... Really wish I could have had use this for the March board. Bad timing at its finest.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Just received my E5 eval... Really wish I could have had use this for the March board. Bad timing at its finest.

Unless it had some sort of higher level leadership (e.g., Department/Command Collateral) or a significant degree of separation from your peers, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
Unless it had some sort of higher level leadership (e.g., Department/Command Collateral) or a significant degree of separation from your peers, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

#1 0f 4 EP's
And it stated that I was awarded BJSOY for 2014

But my CO's endorsement stated I was the BJSOY. Would that suffice?

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
#1 0f 4 EP's
And it stated that I was awarded BJSOY for 2014

But my CO's endorsement stated I was the BJSOY. Would that suffice?
The board has already taken place, so it really doesn't matter. #1 of 4 on a Frocking Eval is not really considered a breakout, and it definitely wouldn't be what separates you from other applicants who submitted an application.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
The board has already taken place, so it really doesn't matter. #1 of 4 on a Frocking Eval is not really considered a breakout, and it definitely wouldn't be what separates you from other applicants who submitted an application.
Caveat: I don't sit selection boards, and the selection process varies depending on board members. Additionally, many other things factor in (e.g, experience in the field, accomplishments, leadership).

Unless it's a great degree of separation, such as 1 of 34, it may not make too much of a difference. This is what I've been told by a senior IWO who has sat a board. Again, many other things factor in, and you can still be selected if you were middle of the pack. It all depends on how the board views your application and credentials.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Thanks for clarifying. This is my first time through the process. It's been quite the learning experience.
The IDC DCO Board often releases results much quicker than IDC Active Duty results. For the release of Active Duty results, the speculation is many times 2 weeks out, but most often is 18-42 days out (again, September 2014 is an anomaly). Also, from studying the trends of release days (M,T,W,TR,F), there are no trends.