• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Wow, this is even more confusing then I thought it was going to be. I am looking at the stats that people have posted for both selects and non-selects, there is no pattern whatsoever. For selects; ASTB scores are from high 40s, to high 60s, GPAs very from high 2s to high 3s, with some prior and some non-prior. For non-selects is the same story, which leads me to believe that the NAVY really did look at the whole person concept, or they just selected randomly from all the people that were qualified .

NAVYBM2

Contributor
would it be a bad idea to bypass my OR and call the processor directly?

YES, I communicate with my processor directly! Wait, are you active right now? Cause if you are, I don't think it is a good idea to call the fleet processor.

Jsas

Pro Rec'ed for SNA!!!

I was able to get my OIC to make a phone call to NRC. The Processor said "He made it over the first hurdle, just don’t gain any weight (no problem there, but I’m guessing it just had to be said) and the next hurdle is the medical review". He also mentioned having three sections to pass thorough...I know the first is getting the Pro Rec and the second is the medical review...what is the third? Is it maybe the final select? That is the only thing I can think of that would fit.
Any ideas?

navygraig

LT Withrow
Pro Rec'ed for SNA!!!

I was able to get my OIC to make a phone call to NRC. The Processor said "He made it over the first hurdle, just don’t gain any weight (no problem there, but I’m guessing it just had to be said) and the next hurdle is the medical review". He also mentioned having three sections to pass thorough...I know the first is getting the Pro Rec and the second is the medical review...what is the third? Is it maybe the final select? That is the only thing I can think of that would fit.
Any ideas?

Congrats Jsas!
It's really weird the way things turned out. But there were HUNDREDS of apps for all communities. I applied for SWO but my app was submitted right at the cutoff in Feb. So, I think they look at them in order of submit. Since apps had been collecting for months I think a lot of the guys for SNA and NFO also took most of the SWO spots. SO, April boards should be more on the line of "normal."
First hurdle was Pro-Rec? You havent done medical yet? I already have my medical qual letter. Now all I need is the Pro-Rec and I begin my next wait for final select date. Anyway, good luck with that!

PS- For you non-selects our there: Since it is passed the April cut-off now don't you have to wait till May? My OR said that if I get non-select in April (my app was tabled with 10 others to April) that you have to wait 6 months before re-submit. Is that true?

Jsas

Congrats Jsas!
It's really weird the way things turned out. But there were HUNDREDS of apps for all communities. I applied for SWO but my app was submitted right at the cutoff in Feb. So, I think they look at them in order of submit. Since apps had been collecting for months I think a lot of the guys for SNA and NFO also took most of the SWO spots. SO, April boards should be more on the line of "normal."
First hurdle was Pro-Rec? You havent done medical yet? I already have my medical qual letter. Now all I need is the Pro-Rec and I begin my next wait for final select date. Anyway, good luck with that!

PS- For you non-selects our there: Since it is passed the April cut-off now don't you have to wait till May? My OR said that if I get non-select in April (my app was tabled with 10 others to April) that you have to wait 6 months before re-submit. Is that true?

Thanks!!

I’m actually active duty, so in order to submit for SNA or SNFO I had to do a full flight physical before sending in my package. When I say “medical” I am referring to the review of those test results. I think I should be just fine. I have good eyesight, hearing and measurements. I believe it is more or less a meticulous review of these tests to make sure they aren't selecting someone who is a medical liability.

Bergers2short

None
Tonkovich.J, did you apply for BDCP or just OCS? I remember hearing that you cannot apply for OCS until 12 months before graduation, so you could have been simply seen as unqualified if you didn't apply BDCP. I think that gouge is from somewhere on the forum so I'm not sure if it's correct, but just an idea. Don't lose heart though, you've got plenty of time!

Tonkovich.J

As far as I know I applied for BDCP. It was my understanding that I could apply for an SNA/SNFO position through BDCP. At least that is what my OR told me.

truk459

Pro-Rec NFO and SWO!

Hey truk I just heard from NRD St. Louis.

M/23/non prior
7/8/8/57 ASTB
2.9 G.P.A from Illinois State University (double major, 2.9 economics, 3.6 political science)

Congrats man!

Just call NRD they seemed to be confused, but i was non-select for SWO DA....and they dont know about BDCP....so guess i will be waiting through the weekend.

Were you BDCP or DA?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee

You have to wait 6 months if there are no "significant improvements" to your package. If you make a big change, then you can resubmit right away. Yes, you are right about the cut off for April, so for those trying to get in for the next available board, it will be in May. Also, congratulations to all the selectee's! For those of us not selected, perserverance pays off, just keep pressing on for your next app.

duross

Is anyone still waiting to hear? I'm going to be so bummed if I have to go through the weekend still not knowing. I've called my OR both at his office and his cell, so maybe it means I didn't get selected.

If any recruiters are lurking and would be willing to help me find out, PM me.

N9148Q

Contributor
Still waiting.....Preparing to wait till next week to hear. Headed to the beer store.......