• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

JSC87

I still haven't received a return phone call from my OR. He's been traveling on the road with meetings and such. Any ideas of how I can find out before monday? I'm going crazy...

Congrats to all you guys who got pro-rec'd!

truk459

I still haven't received a return phone call from my OR. He's been traveling on the road with meetings and such. Any ideas of how I can find out before monday? I'm going crazy...

Congrats to all you guys who got pro-rec'd!

You could call your processor? My processor was out of St. Louis.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
OCT/NOV/JAN sna selects are getting late aug dates right now

Good to know. I just had PRK today, so I have some waiting to do anyway for a waiver. If they're not getting dates until then, we would logically be after them, so it should be easier to hold onto my Pro Rec status if we don't class up til fall anyway. Congrats again to all the Pro Recs!

greenemarine

Since I'm new:
26/M/SNA Pro-Rec from the March board.
2.69 GPA Computer Engineering - GaTech
41.7 hours total flight time, taking my FAA Private exam on Friday (weather permitting since Georgia has recently been getting more rain than Seattle, a friend of mine recently said she expects the Cullens to move to town any day now)
>7 years Marine Corps Reserves (Sergeant/Dual Qualified Plane Captain/NCOIC)
Letters from a professor/retired USAF O-7, my CO, OIC, 2 former supervisors, and a co-worker
7/8/8/56
Currently working a civil service job for the USAF (Anyone who wants to know about the Air Force and how jacked up they are, send me a message. If you want it done inefficiently and expensively then let them handle it. They'll waste as many resources, over think it, and do it more slowly than anyone, any where, anytime.)

The whole application process has been a bit of a whirlwind for me (I started around mid-December, completely my application from my end in January and met with the processor at the beginning of February.) I haven't had much of an explanation of the process from here (being 3 hours away from the recruiter makes it pretty difficult to sit down and talk) doing a PRT in the morning and some medical stuff Wednesday.

I understand that some of the selected from prior months are getting late August dates. Hope that's not accurate as I'd like to get the hell out of here as soon as possible.

Can someone explain to me what seems to be holding up the SNA pipeline? I'm hearing things like massive delays in Texas and P-Cola?

nugget61

pilot
Good to know. I just had PRK today, so I have some waiting to do anyway for a waiver. If they're not getting dates until then, we would logically be after them, so it should be easier to hold onto my Pro Rec status if we don't class up til fall anyway. Congrats again to all the Pro Recs!

Unfortunately you'll probably lose your pro-rec then (you and I did the same thing). I talked about it in this thread.

I understand that some of the selected from prior months are getting late August dates. Hope that's not accurate as I'd like to get the hell out of here as soon as possible.

Thats what I said when they bumped me from 09May to 22Aug. Whens your bday though? You may not have much time and they could bump you up.

Thanks. I'd appreciate pointers to any threads and more info that anyone has. S/F

Check out the forum section for OCS Class dates - you can see where people are currently being placed.

ajalali

pilot
ive also heard some business about not enough airplanes and -34's failing corrosion tests. we'll see though!

johnnywes05

Yeah, I think I'm going up to jax next week to meet with him. I take it you're going to re-apply, have you talked to the office about retaking the ASTB?

No I haven't called yet, but I plan on retaking the test and re-apply. I'm not sure what board I will try to get on with again. More waiting...

rmalama

I was rooting for you to hit the jackpot... but I'll gladly accept some victory brew.

Congrats rmalama and everyone else who got a pro rec. Can't wait 'till we meet up in Newport.

Thanks, it was a big relief to hear the good news! I will gladly pay up when we meet up before OCS.

I'm excited for everyone, I haven't seen anyone on here that didn't seem qualified so if you didn't get in keep on truckin!

....so I guess the next step is to start a rumor board about when we go?? lol

priceless529

....so I guess the next step is to start a rumor board about when we go?? lol

sounds about right! i would think a lot of people for this board will end up in the same ocs class, which will hopefully be as soon as possible!

Haymaker

Pro Rec SNA
Asap would be nice but it looks as though we may have some waiting to do. I just hope that knowing I have a spot waiting will dampen my anxiety over the months ahead. I do wonder how many of us will end up classing together though.