• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

NAVYBM2

Contributor
You guys don't believe all that you hear! I was stationed in the most military unfriendly place there is, NORFOLK/VA BEACH. I never had a single problem with the ladies or the locals. In fact, we got along VERY, VERY well. It is all about how you present yourself, if you come across as douchbag they WILL run. If you are smooth, you will be surprised of the possibilities that will open up!

AnonymousGuy

None
You guys don't believe all that you hear! I was stationed in the most military unfriendly place there is, NORFOLK/VA BEACH. I never had a single problem with the ladies or the locals. In fact, we got along VERY, VERY well. It is all about how you present yourself, if you come across as douchbag they WILL run. If you are smooth, you will be surprised of the possibilities that will open up!

I have to agree with this. If you go in acting like some jack ass, then you'll be treated accordingly. And if you go in with the attitude that "they all hate me because I'm in the Navy," then they probably will...self-fulfilling prophecy.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee

We are talking about the same town that once held the infamous "Dogs welcome, Sailors stay off grass" or some shit to that effect, right? I will admit those were before my time but I have heard one too many stories about it. VA is like anywhere else, it's what you make of it, but if you want tail, hit the west coast, better quality and quantity. San Dog over the Hampton roads area any day of the week (and avoid south Texas at all costs).

NAVYBM2

Contributor
We are talking about the same town that once held the infamous "Dogs welcome, Sailors stay off grass" or some shit to that effect, right? I will admit those were before my time but I have heard one too many stories about it. VA is like anywhere else, it's what you make of it, but if you want tail, hit the west coast, better quality and quantity. San Dog over the Hampton roads area any day of the week (and avoid south Texas at all costs).
Yes that is the place, it actually said " Dogs and Sailors Keep Off." I am sure there a lot of stories about every place. I mean it is bound to happen, you have a ton of young guys with some money and nothing to do after 1600, so it is expected I guess. But the crew that I was in, we always behaved and we always ended up having a good time.
I have never been to San Diego, so I can only speak about Norfolk/VA Beach area.

Jsas

Yes that is the place, it actually said " Dogs and Sailors Keep Off." I am sure there a lot of stories about every place. I mean it is bound to happen, you have a ton of young guys with some money and nothing to do after 1600, so it is expected I guess. But the crew that I was in, we always behaved and we always ended up having a good time.
I have never been to San Diego, so I can only speak about Norfolk/VA Beach area.

I will clarify...I think the issue with Jax is that some of the ladies in that area have at times (worded to save myself from ridicule) given me and some of my NON-douche bag friends a hard time. It really boils down to them having an over-inflated sense of importance. I wish they could see how they stack up against the ladies down in South Beach or the girls in Barcelona. Then those Jax girls might catch a clue.....
I like this subject. I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but it helps the days of waiting pass by a little faster. Plus waiting where I am is torture compared to where most of you are.

SpaceApe29

waiting where I am is torture compared to where most of you are.

We're about even on this one. I missed this board deadline, when I finally get my DD 368 back I'll apply to the next one. Good luck all and maybe I'll see some of you down the road.

Jsas

We're about even on this one. I missed this board deadline, when I finally get my DD 368 back I'll apply to the next one. Good luck all and maybe I'll see some of you down the road.

That's no good! I was counting on you being in these boards. Good luck on the next board....

AnonymousGuy

None
so does anyone happen to know why these boards merged together? From my understanding, this March board is a merger of the January, February, and March applicants. Is this correct?

Does this mean that there will be only one month's worth of open spots, for THREE months worth of applicants???!!! Or will there be more open spots for more applicants? :/

I just cant figure why these boards are merged together and whether it hurts or helps us applicants with being selected.

SpaceApe29

That's no good! I was counting on you being in these boards. Good luck on the next board....

Thanks man. Glad you made it through election time over there, that was usually a pucker-factor 10 for me as all the crazies come out to kill people for no real reason. Let me know if you make it and maybe I'll see you around the fleet soon.

I will give a minor body part to be stationed in Jax, I was raised on NAS Jax then my father transferred to VP-16 and we moved out to Mandarin. Good fishing, good town, and great people; I still have friends there to boot.

mbraesicke

Ranger
so does anyone happen to know why these boards merged together? From my understanding, this March board is a merger of the January, February, and March applicants. Is this correct?

Does this mean that there will be only one month's worth of open spots, for THREE months worth of applicants???!!! Or will there be more open spots for more applicants? :/

I just cant figure why these boards are merged together and whether it hurts or helps us applicants with being selected.

The January board was held, and it consisted of some people that had applied as far back as October. People like me, who were either late to January or in the February board got rolled to March, since they cancelled the February board. My recruiter said the reasoning behind this was that there were so many applicants for the January board, due to all the rollovers, they weren't sure if they would have time to review a February board.

My recruiter also said that THEY know what percentage of the applicants they want selected before they go in, so regardless of how many there are, there will be X% selected. And they know that when there are months with a lot of applicants, like January, its not necessarily because a lot more people are getting interested in the navy, but more so that a lot of people have been rolled from previous months.

Also, she predicted that January would probably be a bad board to be in because it was going to be filling up the last of its quota for 2010, and its better to be reviewed in a month that is starting a quota (like this March) rather than finishing one up. She was right, the selection rate for January was pretty bad, just hoping shes also right about March being a good month to apply.

BUT, you've always got to keep in the back of your mind that there are only a select few that actually know whats going to happen on a given board. And those select few aren't your recruiters nor the people sharing their wisdom on Air Warriors. The best we can do is collaborate all of the nonsense we hear with one another and then speculate for months....only to laugh at ourselves when its all over when we find out how wrong we all were.

flyman3456

Goshawk
BUT, you've always got to keep in the back of your mind that there are only a select few that actually know whats going to happen on a given board. And those select few aren't your recruiters nor the people sharing their wisdom on Air Warriors. The best we can do is collaborate all of the nonsense we hear with one another and then speculate for months....only to laugh at ourselves when its all over when we find out how wrong we all were.

True and well spoken!

The best we can do is expect the worst, hope for the best, roll with the dice, and always stay optimistic. You don't need to believe that god has a plan to be optimistic about your future. Everything works out in the end even if it isn't with the Navy.

mbraesicke

Ranger
well, usually its around the 15th, but there's no telling when we'll get the results. Jan board didn't get their results until early Feb. But I've seen a lot of months that have results ready around the 25th. Really no way to tell. Jan was probably so long due so many applicants, hopefully March won't be the same.

dcjohnsonjr1

None
I know it is a bit late but I applied for the March Board:

1. NFO
2. SNA
3. SWO (Conventional)

25/M
ASTB: 5/6/6 50
Degree: Professional Aeronautics - Embry-Riddle Aeronuatical University 3.69 GPA (Cum Laude)
PRT: Situps - 103 Pushups - 98 1.5 - 8:43

LOR: (4) 1. LCdr AC/LDO 2. Capt USMC/ATC 3. MSgt USMC/ATC 4. Congressman (Rep)

Pros:
-7 years service in the USMC as an Air Traffic Controller. (7252/53/54/57)
-Served in several different billets at various Air Stations and good working knowledge of Naval Aviation
-Been in charge of as many as 1100 Marines at once.
-A motivational statement that sounds like angels are coming down from the heaven's and strumming their harps
-1500 hours of community service direct/ Supervised over 5000 hours

Cons:
-Involved in litigation, had lawyer submit letter stating that I was not the defendant