• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

N9148Q

Contributor
ya results seem to come out about a week after the board and then I think the OR's like to play a little waiting game with us. I imagine they just watch our posts and get a good laugh out of the whole thing.

Jsas

Here is a good question. I know most of you guys/girls have ORs to ask the big question of what the results of the board are...when the time comes. My dilemma is that I have no such person(active duty). I just call or email straight to the fleet processor. In the attempt to not piss him off with a thousand questions, I have joined this site to work out the kinks of my package and to watch everyone squirm with anticipation the week after the boards. However, this is our turn and I will be doing a ton of squirming and heavy thinking the week following the perspective boards. After talking to the fleet processor to confirm the delivery of my package, he said "Don’t call every two weeks asking what the outcome is and don’t actually call or expect to hear anything till the middle of April”. I’m guessing that was to not only keep me from bugging the $hit out of him but also to give the "process” some time to work.

I now don’t really know what my question is…I just wanted to post something about the subject. I wish everyone good luck and I hope we all get what we want.

AnonymousGuy

None
so am I correct that there was no February board at all for NFO?

I applied for NFO for the February board, but I'm gathering that there was no board at all and it was bumped into March. I applied in January.

Is this true?

February Board: Supply/NFO/AMDO

NAVYBM2

Contributor
so am I correct that there was no February board at all for NFO?

I applied for NFO for the February board, but I'm gathering that there was no board at all and it was bumped into March. I applied in January.

February Board: Supply/NFO/AMDO

Yes, I applied in January as well but all boards were pushed back to March!
Which kind of really sucks, because now we have twice as many applicants.

AnonymousGuy

None
lol...seriously though. With Feb and Mar boards combined, wouldn't that mean more Pro-Recs?? not "double" or anything, but more?

how many do they usually make for each board? what are the typical percentages of selected/nonselected?

werdna

My recruiter told me that since the March board is toward the beginning of the fiscal year, they will fill more spots for OCS than the later boards. I imagine they will take into account the higher number of applications but you gotta imagine that the competition will be stiffer. Good luck all!

flyman3456

Goshawk
Not only that but some of us were rolled from January. My application was in Nov and I was rolled to Febuary. One person had his app in October. Us rollovers are still hoping that a February board was held just for us (as some of the OR's have said). No results are out so I would guess we are in for March. I think there are at least 5 or 6 rolled from what I can tell. (probably more)

keep in mind that January saw half the acceptance rate at only 30%. July saw something like 60% SNA DA
I'm not saying this board will be the same. I really hope more are accepted.

27 out of 95 SNA DA for Jan

jtmedli

pilot
Not only that but some of us were rolled from January. My application was in Nov and I was rolled to Febuary. One person had his app in October. Us rollovers are still hoping that a February board was held just for us (as some of the OR's have said). No results are out so I would guess we are in for March. I think there are at least 5 or 6 rolled from what I can tell. (probably more)

keep in mind that January saw half the acceptance rate at only 30%. July saw something like 60% SNA DA
I'm not saying this board will be the same. I really hope more are accepted.

27 out of 95 SNA DA for Jan

I emailed the OR today. He said things are a little backed up but boards were held (take that for what it's worth). NAVYOCS.com had results for Supply boards and Intel from February so It would seem he was right.

AnonymousGuy

None
I emailed the OR today. He said things are a little backed up but boards were held (take that for what it's worth). NAVYOCS.com had results for Supply boards and Intel from February so It would seem he was right.

Your OR said NFO boards were held in February!? I've been told by two recruiters now that the NFO February board didn't happen. Anyone have any concrete information about this NFO February board?

NAVYBM2

Contributor
OK, check this out!
We have about 40 people on here that have posted their stats. I will make a wild guess and say that this is about (1/4 + or - 10) of all applicants, which puts the total number at around 160, and this is just for the aviation side. Historically, there are more applicants for aviation, so lets say that the rest of the programs bring up our total number up to 260 people.
I think that is a fare number, if it is true that the acceptance is at 30%, that means that only about 78 people will be accepted.
God, I hope I am wrong!!

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
OK, check this out!
We have about 40 people on here that have posted their stats. I will make a wild guess and say that this is about (1/4 + or - 10) of all applicants, which puts the total number at around 160, and this is just for the aviation side. Historically, there are more applicants for aviation, so lets say that the rest of the programs bring up our total number up to 260 people.
I think that is a fare number, if it is true that the acceptance is at 30%, that means that only about 78 people will be accepted.
God, I hope I am wrong!!

You are overthinking this waaaayyyy too much. Go drink a beer instead… no, drink 6 (avoid the blow and hookers) and enjoy the hurry up and wait. Overanalyzing (while a bit funny) is only going to lead to grey hair.

nugget61

pilot
Strong packages for March - good luck yall!

Usually the 15th. Last board met on January 26th and results were out Feb 4th. Give about 7 business days for the results. You could probably expect results between March 23 and April 5.

So since the board met 11 days late does that give the January over/under an 11 day push as well? That would put me at owed beer, not owing...