• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Strong packages for March - good luck yall!

So since the board met 11 days late does that give the January over/under an 11 day push as well? That would put me at owed beer, not owing...

roflmao... dude, your not getting off of the hook!

N9148Q

Contributor
NYYanks no man encourage them to go for the blow and hookers it will help shorten the qualified applicant list!

Ya Im still waiting on my beer guys.

NAVYBM2

Contributor
You are overthinking this waaaayyyy too much. Go drink a beer instead… no, drink 6 (avoid the blow and hookers) and enjoy the hurry up and wait. Overanalyzing (while a bit funny) is only going to lead to grey hair.
True!!!
I have an exam tomorrow though, so I guess I will be doing that tomorrow night. However, it won't be with beer; Jack and I are on very good terms!

AnonymousGuy

None
Here are my stats:
25/m
2.7 GPA - BA Communications (I REALLY partied too much my first two years of college:( strong GPA last two years though)
3.3 GPA - MBA (in progress)
ASTB - OAR:54 6/6/7
LORs:
1 - RDML that I worked directly for for 8 months
1 - CAPT that I worked for for 2 years
1 - YNC that I worked for for 2 years
Interviews:
1 - CAPT (Supply)
1 - LCDR (Intel)

Great reviews on all interviews and FANTASTIC LORs.

5 years prior service.
3 Navy Achievement Medals, Volunteer Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, GWOT, National Defense
Sailor of the Year 2008, 3-time Sailor of the Quarter

I applied for Supply/NFO/AMDO. Non-select for Supply for the February board:/

Do you think my stats sound competitive?? (except that horrible undergrad GPA)

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Here are my stats:
25/m
2.7 GPA - BA Communications (I REALLY partied too much my first two years of college:( strong GPA last two years though)
3.3 GPA - MBA (in progress)
ASTB - OAR:54 6/6/7
LORs:
1 - RDML that I worked directly for for 8 months
1 - CAPT that I worked for for 2 years
1 - YNC that I worked for for 2 years
Interviews:
1 - CAPT (Supply)
1 - LCDR (Intel)

Great reviews on all interviews and FANTASTIC LORs.

5 years prior service.
3 Navy Achievement Medals, Volunteer Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, GWOT, National Defense
Sailor of the Year 2008, 3-time Sailor of the Quarter

I applied for Supply/NFO/AMDO. Non-select for Supply for the February board:/

Do you think my stats sound competitive?? (except that horrible undergrad GPA)

Nice work man! Sailor of the year? You kidding, that should be an automatic right there! From what I have seen on here your GPA is nothing to be concerned about. Where were you stationed?

AnonymousGuy

None
Nice work man! Sailor of the year? You kidding, that should be an automatic right there! From what I have seen on here your GPA is nothing to be concerned about. Where were you stationed?

I WISH Sailor of the Year made it automatic:/ I was really hoping for Supply, but they overlooked me. NFO is DEFINITELY a very close second choice for me though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed...thanks for the motivating words as well:)

I was stationed at Navy Reserve Forces Command in New Orleans from DEC 04 - NOV 07, then transferred to Military Sealift Command HQ in Washington DC from NOV 07 - JUN 09. At MSC I worked directly for an admiral (RDML) as his assistant...great experience. Shore duty 24/7 for all my billets.

After that, I went to work in Thailand for six months for an energy company that I started. How about you?? Where were/are you stationed?

You really think my stats will stack up well at the NFO board, and my Sailor of the Year nomination will be big to them as well? To be clear, I wasnt sailor of the year for the entire Navy or anything...just Sailor of the Year for my command (MSC).

NAVYBM2

Contributor
How about you?? Where were/are you stationed?

You really think my stats will stack up well at the NFO board, and my Sailor of the Year nomination will be big to them as well? To be clear, I wasnt sailor of the year for the entire Navy or anything...just Sailor of the Year for my command (MSC).
I was stationed in Norfolk(USS IWO JIMA LHD-7) from Sep2001 to May2005, after that I was in the reserves for a year. Now, I am just a student and working part-time.
Understood about the sailor of the year! I am not sure about where you were, but where I was being a sailor of the year was a Really, Really Big Deal. In fact, the guys that I knew that got selected for that are both officers now. So, yes I think you have an inside track to the finish line here.
Good Luck, I hope to see you in the fleet!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor

Yeah, you have a well rounded application, that 2.7 shouldn't hold you back. stick with it and you will get accepted. You know you want brown shoes anyway ;)

AnonymousGuy

None
I was stationed in Norfolk(USS IWO JIMA LHD-7) from Sep2001 to May2005, after that I was in the reserves for a year. Now, I am just a student and working part-time.
Understood about the sailor of the year! I am not sure about where you were, but where I was being a sailor of the year was a Really, Really Big Deal. In fact, the guys that I knew that got selected for that are both officers now. So, yes I think you have an inside track to the finish line here.
Good Luck, I hope to see you in the fleet!

I hope the board sees it the same way your command did. I would think they would look very favorably upon one being Sailor of the Year...but then again, it didn't seem to matter to the Supply board:/

Yeah, you have a well rounded application, that 2.7 shouldn't hold you back. stick with it and you will get accepted. You know you want brown shoes anyway ;)

You know, you're right...I look much better in brown shoes:) Not to mention, the ladies love those flight suits:)

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Not to mention, the ladies love those flight suits:)

You could fool the girls I go to school with. "Their all like you're in the Navy? ew, your gona be gone alot." Guess its just good practice for living in a Navy town.

AnonymousGuy

None
You could fool the girls I go to school with. "Their all like you're in the Navy? ew, your gona be gone alot." Guess its just good practice for living in a Navy town.

I'm not sure where you're located, but the girls here LOVE a Navy guy. Anytime I used to wear my uniform out and about, they would melt:) I cant imagine the reaction to the flight suits and office uniform.

Jsas

I'm not sure where you're located, but the girls here LOVE a Navy guy. Anytime I used to wear my uniform out and about, they would melt:) I cant imagine the reaction to the flight suits and office uniform.

Sorry to jump in on your conversation.....BUT.

It is typical that in a Navy town you are not often liked. While out having a few drinks(in city with two Naval bases), I’ve had solid 10's walk up to talk. As soon as I answer the "what do you do" question they will often leave just as fast as they appeared. On the flip side...My O-2 Supply buddy was wearing his dress whites out in Charleston SC one weekend while visiting a couple friends. He said the ladies in the bars almost got into fights to just talk to him. I guess it depends on when and where. It also helps to be an "O".

AnonymousGuy

None
Sorry to jump in on your conversation.....BUT.

It is typical that in a Navy town you are not often liked. While out having a few drinks(in city with two Naval bases), I’ve had solid 10's walk up to talk. As soon as I answer the "what do you do" question they will often leave just as fast as they appeared. On the flip side...My O-2 Supply buddy was wearing his dress whites out in Charleston SC one weekend while visiting a couple friends. He said the ladies in the bars almost got into fights to just talk to him. I guess it depends on when and where. It also helps to be an "O".

Fortunately, I've never had the reaction of the girls running away when I told them I was in the Navy. However, I guess most of the cities I've been in are not big Navy towns. When I was stationed in DC for roughly two years...no girls seemed to have any problem with me being in the Navy though. And there is a HUGE military presence in DC.

I've heard about the big Navy towns having residents that mostly don't like the Navy guys...but I've never seen it. I've heard that most of the girls in San Diego LOVE the Navy though:) Can anyone confirm? What are the cities that don't seem to like the Navy?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
What are the cities that don't seem to like the Navy?

When I was in Hawaii it is VERY APPARENT that the locals do not like the military at all. Jacksonville was o.k but still apparent as well as P-Cola. I have been to San Dog several times and I never had problems there as well as Whidbey and Brunswick...