• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS March '16 IDC Board

zack13usa

It depends, if the board actually convened on its date "the 7th" we may start seeing some results this Friday "the 18th."

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
It depends, if the board actually convened on its date "the 7th" we may start seeing some results this Friday "the 18th."
HIGHLY unlikely we'll see results anytime soon unless they change course on what's normal. I am not realistically expecting them until sometime in April. I would love for them to prove me wrong but like I said...that would be normal for the IWC board.

JohnH

OCONUS Weekends are the worst because you know there won't be any results or exciting forum posts until Tuesday morning :(
I'm unfamiliar with that kind of weekend. We have 4 day weekends but never heard of OCONUS weekend.
If the army had such a thing a can only imagine the packet to take one.

elliptic010

OCONUS = outside continental U.S. I'm in Korea, a day ahead of the U.S. so stateside close of business on Monday ends up being early Tuesday morning here. I guess it's all relative but it still feels extra painful to have nothing to look forward to on my Monday :)

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
OCONUS = outside continental U.S. I'm in Korea, a day ahead of the U.S. so stateside close of business on Monday ends up being early Tuesday morning here. I guess it's all relative but it still feels extra painful to have nothing to look forward to on my Monday :)
Think of it like the old CD-release Tuesdays of old. Even though the CDs were at the store, they weren't allowed to sell them until Tuesday. Besides, realistically, most folks won't find out on Monday anyway. By the time email cycles though the system, and get printed, typo-checked, call-confirmed, it could easily be Wednesday before a lot of folks hear back. I know it took my recruiter an extra two days to let me know I was selected.

JohnH

Think of it like the old CD-release Tuesdays of old. Even though the CDs were at the store, they weren't allowed to sell them until Tuesday. Besides, realistically, most folks won't find out on Monday anyway. By the time email cycles though the system, and get printed, typo-checked, call-confirmed, it could easily be Wednesday before a lot of folks hear back. I know it took my recruiter an extra two days to let me know I was selected.
Assuming they are even ready to publish said results.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Yeah...you could be right. However, all told, I'm sitting at just under a year since applying, and still awaiting FINSEL/COMDOCS. Moral of the story? It takes as long as it takes. Just be patient.

elliptic010

Wow. A whole year. I have to assume that a fleet select with a current security clearance and a clean medical record would take significantly less time.

Don't take that as impatience, just speculation out of anything better to do at the moment :)

Chop07

RESULTS ARE OUT.

Overall Applications: 224 (178 from NRDs, 46 from fleet)
Overall Selects: 34 (31 from NRDs, 3 from fleet)
Overall Selection Percentage: 15.17%

Programs (NRDs/Fleet):

Intel: 12/0
Oceano: 1/0
SWO-Oceano: 0/1
IP: 5/1
SWO-IP: 2/1
Cyberwarfare Officer (formerly IW): 10/0
SWO-CWO: 1/0
CWE: 0/0

Please give your recruiter some time to get the results to you...and no, I cannot release results to anyone other than my own applicants. My apologies.

Chop07

What do you think of the selection rate?
Right on par with previous boards. I was somewhat surprised by two things, though: zero fleet selects for intel and that many selects for IP from the NRDs. Usually, IP leans towards fleet selects heavily and intel usually picks up a few from the fleet. Other than that, no surprises here. I'd expect a few more Oceanos next board as we begin FY17.