• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

jbibb24

So I'm new here and i just found out I got pro-select for NFO, I'm excited as hell, but i have a small problem, my sisters wedding is September 5th and because we lost our father to cancer two years ago I will be walking her down the isle. Both OCS and her wedding are important to me, but i HAVE to attend the wedding. I've been rolled from month to month since December so i was hoping that I could be done with OCS before sep. My OR said that he could try to see if he could roll my OCS date back to after the wedding? is this possible and what steps should I be taking?

kat27

Does anyone know how long final select takes? Is is just like the board to get your pro rec. I should be my physicals scheduled and finished (PRT and MEPS by the end of this month. Do I have to get it in at the first of April to make the April board? My recruiter tells me you can't make the board unless it is in before the 1st of the month. I want to avoid waiting all April, to make the May board, and then wait another few weeks in may to get my FS (if selected). Thanks
Kat

I just got off the phone with my recruiter cause I had to ask him what the window was for me to go to OCS since I have some prior commitments I have to attend the first and second week of may. He said that it takes anywhere from 30 to about 60 days for everything to get processed. So I think it is more of just having everything checked over to make sure you are good to go and then you get signed off for FS.

kat27

Pride, seems like you are always answering my questions...hahaha I feel like I should just PM you. I appreciate it. My recruiter told me the same thing. I hate waiting! That would be crazy if we were in the same class. Good luck! I am sure I will have more questions for ya...
kat

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
To those worried about leaving too soon:

There should be a place on the application for you to specify the date after which you can make it to OCS.

RussBow6

To those worried about leaving too soon:

There should be a place on the application for you to specify the date after which you can make it to OCS.

my recruiter said doing that might hurt your app though... like if there are two people with basically the same credentials and one can go earlier than the 2nd one... they are gonna take the one that can go asap and boot the one that wants to wait.

i'm in sort of the same boat... i signed a 1 year contract with my company and i want to honor that and make sure they have enough time to recruit and hire someone else to take my spot if do in fact somehow get selected for ocs. that 1 year contract isn't up until the fall so i think i'm going to wait till the beginning of summer to submit my application and from what it seems like it takes a couple months to get pro rec'd and then another month or two to get FS'd. so hopefully that will put me on track get an ocs date after i fulfill my promise to my current firm. plus i get more time to train and get into a cockpit and stuff and make more money which is always a plus.

flip side is obviously if down the road they dont need people anymore and the board narrows its selections then i'm screwed anyway. but i feel like i can only control so much and i'll let it play out how it will.

just something to consider i guess when your going through the process

Pride, seems like you are always answering my questions...hahaha I feel like I should just PM you. I appreciate it. My recruiter told me the same thing. I hate waiting! That would be crazy if we were in the same class. Good luck! I am sure I will have more questions for ya...
kat

haha no problem. That would be pretty sweet if we get the same class. I wasn't worried about going too soon but I did put I could go asap however that was back in september. Anyhow I'm not too worried about it.

swerdna

None
Contributor
Does anyone know how long final select takes? Is is just like the board to get your pro rec. I should be my physicals scheduled and finished (PRT and MEPS by the end of this month. Do I have to get it in at the first of April to make the April board? My recruiter tells me you can't make the board unless it is in before the 1st of the month. I want to avoid waiting all April, to make the May board, and then wait another few weeks in may to get my FS (if selected). Thanks
Kat

I don't think they have boards for final selects, it's supposedly a case-by-case basis. I was Pro-Rec'd in January, and I'm still waiting on my FS.

After my Pro-Rec, I had to go to MEPS. You also have to have a background investigation completed before earning your FS.

kat27

Thanks andrews. I guess I should stop being so anxious about my FS. I still have to do MEPS and my PRT. I should be done with it at the end of March. I did just get pro rec this month, so I should probably chill out. hahaaha. Good luck with your FS.
Kat
P.S. Seattle is awesome. Just visited one of my good friends who lives out there. Loved it.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
For those asking about Final select and OCS dates, here is what I was told by my OR recently:

-Final select should take 1.5-2 weeks for me, but I already had MEPS out of the way and my security clearance started before I was Pro-Rec'd. The wait varies depending on how much of the process you still have to go through after you are pro-rec'd

-OCS dates: you get to choose your first available date before you sign your contract. If you have serious commitments your OR shouldn't have any problem delaying your OCS date until then. I have to wait until August before I can go due to prior commitments; OR said no problem.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
So we're given a list of available dates to choose from? Hmmm...

I've already done MEPS and started my security clearance as well. All I gotta do is PRT.