• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
I was told to bring my social security card too. I didn't end up needing it, but I'd bring it just in case. You don't want to have to go back all over again just for that. MEPS isn't exactly a fun place to hang out : )

SWOHopeful

So no word from my recruiter yet but he said to call him back tomorrow if I did not hear anything which leads me to believe he was off today. Either that or I didn't get SWO and he's waiting to hear from other boards. I'll know more tomorrow I hope. But it's :sleep_125 time for me

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
Congrats to everyone. I found out 11 hours ago I wasn't selected. No worries though, they're not getting rid of me that easily. Took my dad 3 "no's" until he got his selection back in the day, so I'm just hoping to beat him. I'm sure nobody cares, but it feels good to put it out there. Rock on boys and girls :D.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Euclid, you waited to hear back on NFO??? Most would've taken the NA and ran with it. Were you wanting NFO instead of pilot or just wanted to see if you did get both choices?

yeah it definitely wasn't the most exciting 5-6 hours of my life. Though the duck walk was pretty amusing. Anyhow you'll make it through and be on to waiting some more for your FS

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
The fun part is performing various tricks in your underwear.

And I can't say it's the same at every MEPS, but at ours in New Orleans, the CO did our weigh ins and made sure to let every girl know if she was within 5 lbs of her max weight for her height...or in my case, to tell me I couldn't lose more than 3 lbs.

euclid83

FS SNA
Euclid, you waited to hear back on NFO??? Most would've taken the NA and ran with it. Were you wanting NFO instead of pilot or just wanted to see if you did get both choices?

Well its a long story, but ultimately it boiled down to MEPS. Up until my pro-rec I hadnt had my medical pre-screen, and having never taken an eye exam I wasnt too sure If ide pass the vision requirements. So to answer your question, pilot was my first choice but I wanted NFO to fall back on just in case. I know that sounds sort of vague, but I plan on opening up a new thread about the situation and dont want to divulge too much. :icon_tong

Falk

FS SNA
Congrats to all you pro-recs. Now its just a matter of waiting for FS/resubmitting all the things you already submitted but they somehow managed to lose. For everyone who didn't get picked keep trying. I'm living proof that persistence pays off.