• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mar 2022 AMDO Board

exNavyOffRec

I meant to say officer processor, yes it was the officer processor who sent it of to NRC and it was accepted according to my recruiter who said he confirmed with the processor. But it was submitted a few weeks before the deadline so it wasn’t late. But like you said I am wondering if there were already enough applicants.
Your recruiter or the processor should be able to find out what happened and give you direction.

Sabro23

@exNavyOffRec what suggestions do you have to make a package more competitive for this designator? I've read through some threads where some people have 5 or 6 appraisals and LORs from Captains to Admirals, degrees in technical fields, career diversity, etc, and they still don't get selected. I know the board members change so what they are looking for each board may change but I thought I would ask from your experience.

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec what suggestions do you have to make a package more competitive for this designator? I've read through some threads where some people have 5 or 6 appraisals and LORs from Captains to Admirals, degrees in technical fields, career diversity, etc, and they still don't get selected. I know the board members change so what they are looking for each board may change but I thought I would ask from your experience.
Board members change but what they looks for stays pretty much the same. If a person is AD tours at a maintenance facility seem to help a lot, tech degrees and Masters degrees are always a plus, high GPA's are a plus as well.

There are always many superior applicants and it is not uncommon for great applicants to get turned down due to not enough spots.

Sabro23

Board members change but what they looks for stays pretty much the same. If a person is AD tours at a maintenance facility seem to help a lot, tech degrees and Masters degrees are always a plus, high GPA's are a plus as well.

There are always many superior applicants and it is not uncommon for great applicants to get turned down due to not enough spots.
Thanks for the response. I noticed that the last board only yielded 6 selects which was less than half as many as the boards prior so I can definitely see it being very competitive. I guess I'll just keep trying until I can't.