• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Major Samuel "Skidkid" Leigh

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
For those of us who never got to meet Maj. Samuel "Finkle" Leigh or 1st Lt. Tom Claiborne.

www.blueoregon.com/2009/11/coast-gu...s.html?cid=6a00d8341c2c3f53ef0120a65f02c6970b

BlueOregon.com has a picture of both of the fallen aviators:

SkidKid: http://mandatemedia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2c3f53ef0120a6b32b42970c-pi
6a00d8341c2c3f53ef0120a6b32b42970c-pi

1st Lt. Claiborne: http://mandatemedia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2c3f53ef0120a6b32b60970c-pi
6a00d8341c2c3f53ef0120a6b32b60970c-pi

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We have raised $2150 for the Leigh Memorial Scholarship Fund

I am posting to update you on the status and plans for the money that many of you have donated in the name of Major Sam "Skidkid" Leigh via the website's donation system.

Thank you for your donations, currently we have raised $2150. I contacted the Messalonskee High School district Superintendent's office, and talked with the lady in charge of the setting up and maintaining the family's Leigh Memorial Scholariship Fund. She has already started recieving donations, and will be talking later on with the family on the disposition and terms of the scholarship, depending on how they want to set it up.

My plans are to transfer the funds from Paypal this week, and submit a letter and check totalling $2150. I emailed directly all those that donated, and unless I hear back from any of you prior to Tuesday, 17NOV, I will go forward with this plan. If for some reason this does not meet with your intentions for the donation, please email or PM me back and I will reverse the charge.

Additionally, in the letter from the website I am enclosing with the check, I would like to include all your usernames. Please advise if you do not wish me to do so for any reason.

I do not believe I am missing anything, and I have gotten positive feedback via PM and in the moderator forum for donating the money we raised to the family's high school memorial scholarship.

The majority of you are already contributors, but if for some reason I missed one of you, please email me with your username and I will mark your account so you won't see ads on the site.

Finally, for those that are still interested in donating, you can still donate prior to TUE 17NOV and I will include your donation in the submission. If you would rather donate directly, I would be more than happy to give you the contact information via PM or email.

Once again, thank you all for making Air Warriors much more than a simple forum, but instead a community that cares about our profession, calling, and taking care of our own.

Sincerely,

John

JIMMY

Oorah and Semper Fi Sir.

Favorite quote: "CAS can be fun in a crack a beer bottle over some guy who tries to sucker bunch your bud in a bar kinda way" - Skidkid

-jP

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We are up to $2,750 for the scholarship, thanks for the donations since my last post!! Hopefully we can get it over $3,000. I plan on closing it out tomorrow, so if you are interested in donating to Major Sam "Skidkid" Leigh's Memorial Scholarship please do so. If you want to donate directly and not through the AW's donation, contact me directly and I can give you the details.

From one of the contributors:

I think you should post something Finkle used to always say to many of us when on libbo to bolster contributions: "Why not? It's only money."

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Correction, $2,800! Donated within seconds of me posting above, that's awesome, thanks guys and gals!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
$3,350!!

You all are awesome. I will continue taking donations throughout the day, and post here the total when I close it out tonight.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
RIP Sir,

My prayers are with your family and the many coasties. LT Bryant was a friend of a friend. Hopefully 50 more should be headed in your honor soon.