• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Major Samuel "Skidkid" Leigh

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Skidkid,
You will definitely be missed around here...

-ea6bflyr ;)

H60Gunner

Contributor
Major Samuel "Skidkid" Leigh,

I throughly enjoyed reading your posts. Even though I did not meet you in person, I thank you for your service and your desire to pass advice and knowledge on to people who came here seeking truth of the unknown.

Thoughts and prayers out to family and friends.

Mike
Chief Petty Officer, USN, Retired

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Sir,

You will be missed...

I "only" knew Maj Leigh through posts and conversations on this website. I wish I'd had the opportunity to meet him in person.

We come in contact with certain people for certain reasons. I can say that I did learn from Maj Leigh. I can also say that there are those of us who are better for having met him, whether it be online, in person or both.

Fair Winds, Following Seas, Sir. Get Some.

SkidKid_hero

I first want to say that I don't have any affiliation with the military, nor can I fly a plane. I am a childhood friend of Maj Samuel Leigh and consider him one of the best friends I've ever had. Reading through this thread really warms my heart. It's REALLY great to see the respect and admiration Sam had from his peers and just confirms so many things I already know about him. Healing from this loss will be difficult for me. Thank you so much for your continued kindness and prayers.

Reactions: m26

2ndGen

Third times a charm
RIP, sir.

1st Lt. Tom Claiborne went to the same high school I did, graduated a year after me.

Shpion1

Contributor
Heartfelt condolences to all the families. Semper Fi and Semper Paratus. See you all in Valhalla.

snake020

Contributor
I saved this screenshot from AW chat a couple of years ago. Thought I'd share it to share a lighter side. Skid's custom title for about a month afterwards was "..."

skidp.jpg

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Like so many others who have posted on this thread, I never met Skidkid in person, yet I felt that I knew him well.

I've spent the past few days going over PM exchanges between the two of us looking for a funny quote or a unique statement that we all could identify with.

What I found instead were conversations with somebody who I feel I really saw eye to eye with. We have similar backgrounds and interests, and had an amazing degree of overlap in the people we knew. The exchanges we had, although of no particular interest to most of you, made me laugh a little and regret never having met him in person a whole lot.

I'm glad that he's in a better place, even if it means that the Corps and the Country will be without him for now.

My prayers go out to his family and squadronmates.

Semper Fi, Finkle. You'll be missed but not forgotten.

teabag53

pilot
Finkle,
RIP, Bruthaman. I'll miss the good times we had out and about as well as in the squadrons spaces. Until next time...
Cheers,
Teabag

ThreeGreen

pilot
Though I did not have the chance to know Major Leigh, or correspond with him, I would like to offer my sympathies to his family, friends, and anyone who was fortunate enough to better themselves through him.

This site has been very helpful throughout my application and commissioning, and I know it is those of you like "Skidkid" that have made it so.

Rest in piece Sir, and thank you for your service. It is men like you that inspire us new guys, aspiring to serve!

Tulip

pilot
Memorial service

There will be a memorial service on the 19th of November. 1000 at the Camp Pendleton chapel.

Semper Fi,
Tulip