• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Major Samuel "Skidkid" Leigh

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Wow...I'm truely in shock..I had spoken to Skid a few times when he was with the 'Dogs here at Atlanta...My heart goes out to his family,friends and colleagues.

Damn..Lost a good one..

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
patriot.gif
angel.gif
angel.gif
patriot.gif

Prayers for the family...

Honors to the Major.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
If you have any memories to add about Skidkid, how he helped you on this website, or in real life, I encourage you to please take the time to post them here

Several years ago a single private message from Skidkid taught me more about a warrior's code of ethics than I have learned anywhere else. Every time I saw his name next to one of his posts I always remembered that private message. Even though that won't specifically happen anymore, his advice will always be ingrained in me. Although it may seem unbelievable, I have learned more about soft skills from Air Warriors than I have from anywhere else, which has been possible only because of the warriors here like Skidkid who were willing to answer questions and let me participate.

Semper Fi

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Rest in piece, Sir. Amazing how you can feel a connection and loss from someone you never met in person, just from here. Every mishap I always hoped it wouldn't be someone from here that I "knew", this is truly sad.

This is so true. :(

RIP Major Leigh

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Sad.

I enjoyed the expertise and abrasiveness he provided.

-Elmer

JTB7

While I personally did not know Maj. Leigh, a.k.a Skidkid, I have asked him questions about being an FAC, and being a Cobra pilot. This really hits me hard, he was an awesome person to talk with.

R.I.P Skidkid

murryton

pilot
When I first heard it was a Cobra, I thought: Dear Lord, I hope it wasn't my brother. I never met him or had any AW contact, but he was a Marine; so in a sappy way, I did lose a brother. Semper Fi, sir.

IronMaiden

Skidkid, thanks for everything. Thank you for the info on the Cobra community, Thank you for your service to our country, and most of all thank you for your contribution to the Airwarriors community... you truly inspired many of us wannabe aviators, the future of Naval Aviation.

I don't personally know him, but it's still a huge shocker and kick in the stomach, rest in peace and once again.. thank you!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Never met him in person but chatted with him numerous times on AW and he always had great expertise to pass along to myself and other tracom studs. Really sad to hear, and I wish his family the best......sad to see that we lost another great American this week.