• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
These are fucking sick. "Dead men tell no tales".... Think the sale is still going on? I'm not much of a gun nut.... I own a 1970s Winchester .30 06 and a 12 gauge pump... Had them my whole life.... Now i'm getting the 'itch.

Pardon the lack of my knowledges and please humor me... The parlay is obviously 'safe' but i'm guessing since these aren't automatic, what's the difference between the arghh and plunder settings?

And with the proper licenses of course, what is necessary to convert one of these to full automatic (just curious)?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
These are fucking sick. "Dead men tell no tales".... Think the sale is still going on? I'm not much of a gun nut.... I own a 1970s Winchester .30 06 and a 12 gauge pump... Had them my whole life.... Now i'm getting the 'itch.

Pardon the lack of my knowledges and please humor me... The parlay is obviously 'safe' but i'm guessing since these aren't automatic, what's the difference between the arghh and plunder settings?

And with the proper licenses of course, what is necessary to convert one of these to full automatic (just curious)?

ARGH is SEMI
PLUNDER is BURST/AUTO for lowers with these trigger groups.

These lowers can only be made into full automatic lowers with the addition of an NFA registered pre-86 Drop In Auto Sear (DIAS). Unless you are military or law enforcement, normal full auto parts can not be installed into a lower---that would be manufacturing a machine gun.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

The cool thing about lowers, especially quality lowers this cheap is that you can buy one and just stick it in a drawer somewhere. Built it later when you have time. You can hunt with an AR too. Stick a 6.8 SPC upper in it and a 5rnd mag in it and it makes one hell of a light deer gun. More and more people are hunting with them every day.

They still have the sale on for their regular lowers. Then you can add stuff like the Infidel above, or Navy wings etc. The Pirate lower is a special addition with only 500 produced.

You don't have to make them full auto or burst just because it says it on the side.

If you want a Pirate with the ARGH Plunder etc you might want to get it now. They took it off their web site. I know they have some (less than 100) left. Yesterday when I saw they were no longer listed, I like an idiot, I called to see if they were really all gone. Now I own one of damn things. :D

Bevo16

pilot
Spike's does not seem interested in answering the phone or returning e-mails. Their voicemail is full too. Any secret code to getting in touch with them?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Spike's does not seem interested in answering the phone or returning e-mails. Their voicemail is full too. Any secret code to getting in touch with them?

Just keep trying. I called over the course of two days to get ahold of them, not because they have poor customer service but because they are so slammed. When I went down they were saying that with this sell on the lowers going on, it's probably the busiest they've ever been.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Another newbie ar-15 question for the pros (trying to square things away before I buy and build one of these bad boys). Would you be federally screwed with one of these if you ever got stationed in california? Read on wiki that they only allow ar-15s that have the fixed mag breech type loaded lowers. Thanks.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Another newbie ar-15 question for the pros (trying to square things away before I buy and build one of these bad boys). Would you be federally screwed with one of these if you ever got stationed in california? Read on wiki that they only allow ar-15s that have the fixed mag breech type loaded lowers. Thanks.

The PRK is certainly not very friendly to black guns but I don't know the fine print or how it might apply to military personel.

Some companies try to help. Some won't even ship their products there.

Google "ar 15 california compliant"

john1513

AK or bust.
pilot

Provided you're a resident of a state that allows AR-15's and other "assault weapons", I think you can still register them if you have orders to Cali. After successful registration, you can use detachable mags as long as they're 10 rds or fewer.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaMilitaryAWP
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=36695

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Can't wait to get my spikes lower. Check out this site too: http://www.jsesurplus.com/

they have a complete upper on there for 375 that I am thinking about.

Edit: damn they just ran out of those uppers. Guess I should have pulled the trigger yesterday.

If you are looking for a really inexpensive upper check this out: DSA upper w/o BC and CH $275
http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-Forged-7075T6-A3-AR15-Upper-Receiver??-DSZM4CBU/productinfo/DSZM4CBU/

Skim this thread for lots of info before you buy. I agree with one of the posters that this is probably a mid level upper like RRA/Bushmaster sold to gain attention in the market.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=458552&page=1

This is not an endorsement of their AR upper but DSA has been around a long time makes shit hot FAL's. I have one. (Check those out while you are at it) This might be the upper I use for my beater trunk gun.