• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Little known / experimental aircraft

Hair Warrior

Contributor
How much compatibility is there between a Harrier GR.7/9 and an AV-8B?
Here’s a Harrier near Calvine, Scotland on 04 Aug 90.
ptsqa9elugh91.jpg

HuggyU2

None
Some Timm N2T airshow trivia:

One of these was involved in an airshow crash in Colorado in 1951. The pilot skipped the safety briefing and ignored some of the rules that were set in place.

The crash killed him, and 19 spectators... 13 of which were kids.

This was one of the last airshow crashes in the US to kill a spectator. I believe the last one was in 1954.
(Before someone posts it... Reno in 2011 was an "air racing" incident. Different rules in place for air racing).

Dboom85

Banned
Follow up to post #498 that I made about the A-37...

My friend Mark is displaying it on the airshow circuit. Here's a shot of the jet at Moses Lake a few weeks ago. The dual smoke setup looks great!
Very cool plane, does the owner have a build channel or anything that we could follow? Im surprised they’re able to find parts for the J85s. I’ve been hearing lately how hard it is to keep them airworthy

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
The Stipa-Caproni, a 1930’s design from Italy. Interestingly, the designer (Luigi Stipa) had a degree in hydraulic engineering (as well as an aeronautical degree) and wanted to use the Bernoulli principle of which he was more familiar with from hydraulics and apply it to airplanes. Perhaps the first ducted fan?

1666367339365.jpeg

1666367370683.jpeg

1666367408648.jpeg

1666367451874.jpeg

1666367475487.jpeg

Llarry

McDonnell's first try out of the gate -- the XP-67. Only one built and that unsuccessful. They had better luck with the FH Phantom, F2H Banshee and particularly the F-4 Phantom IIMcDonnell_XP-67.jpg