• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's talk about reputation points

Should the reputation system show who gave the reputation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
jg5343 said:
Just so you know, no one on here gives a s hit that you are flying a desk or filing TPS reports either.
Because I care, you must care... negative reputation points for you my friend.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
The admin account, and I believe the super mods can see who posted it. I don't believe I gave that ability to the moderators, I would have to check their group settings.

I could always see who gave me points and I'm a regular moderator. You probably figured that out already, but just in case you didn't I thought I'd share.

I think that it's a good thing to be able to see who gives you points. The only concern, IMO, is whether people will get into "negative point wars" once they see who bashed them. I guess that there is no way around immature people - they will be annoying no matter what is done with the reputation system or anything else.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I hear what you are saying, Ben, and I have never given retaliatory negative points even though that Jackass did just leave me another negative for calling him out on his BS.

Clux4

Banned
I think you should do away with the whole thing. Since we cannot see each other on the web, some people just use this as a way of sticking their fingers into the other persons eye.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You step away to file a tps report (or get starbucks, depending on who you are talking to JO/O4...), and you get the flames in response.

jg5343, I took your response in humor, and I responded with sarcasm and a joke. As clux and others have mentioned, internet is a poor medium for humor and levity at times, since ppl can't get the full effect of face to face conversation.

And BTW, what neg rep? :D Ah, being admin is good.

But back to the subj at hand, keep the comments coming, want to hear all of them, good or bad.

John

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I took it as a joke, but really didn't think you would leave the actual negative rep points. Don't worry, I'm always smiling.

manny7_99

akamifeldman said:
Nope, thats not me. (sorry?) People are hitting me up with good ones now

You give yourself too much importance kid, I was referring to the other one. You know, the one that was crying after our CiC was re-elected. :D

d_bossart

I love the negative points that are given just for joining in on a conversation about the guns we own. Oh well, just proves that people say they champion free speech etc, but they will do anything to supress what they don't agree with. Oh yeah, I agree that peope's names should show when they give points. And for the record, I still love my semi automatic, .45 cal USP compact with the stainless steel slide. Hit me with them Neg points again. :icon_smil

Cate

Pretty much invincible
ben said:
I think that it's a good thing to be able to see who gives you points. The only concern, IMO, is whether people will get into "negative point wars" once they see who bashed them. I guess that there is no way around immature people - they will be annoying no matter what is done with the reputation system or anything else.
There is that concern, but I think that the threat of a "point war" might make people think twice for giving negative rep for minor crap. I sign all of the rep points that I give out, and it keeps me honest, knowing that if I give out negative rep for no reason, I could get it right back. I'd kind of love to have the same consideration from others.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's tough to get into a "point war" though since you can't just dish out points on one person without giving some out to other people.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Fly Navy said:
It's tough to get into a "point war" though since you can't just dish out points on one person without giving some out to other people.

Hrumph. "Point skirmish," then.

"Point conflict."

Status
Not open for further replies.