• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's talk about reputation points

Should the reputation system show who gave the reputation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I think we should be able to spend rep points on cool gifts. Like mugs, seat cushions, beer coupons, inflatable sheep, velcro gloves, all things you need on deployment.

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
Isn't that the california kid?
Nope, thats not me. (sorry?) People are hitting me up with good ones now, for some I can't reciprocate back b/c it says "must spread it around." :(
think we should be able to spend rep points on cool gifts...
Now THATS a GOOD IDEA!

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Out of the 3 who've voted "No," only one posted anything about this. For the other two (pennst8, teufelhunde), why not?

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Godspeed said:
I agree with this. I feel that at least something needs to be done with the reputation point system. This is primarily due to the fact that I have had people give me neg reputation points with the only comment being "you are an idiot."

I once got negative rep points b/c I said I liked the Dallas Cowboys. That said, I've only gotten a few bad rep points. I like the system personally. It sucks there are douches that give you bad points for no reason, but then again there are douches in every part of life.

manny7_99 said:
Lol, gotcha. Isn't that the california kid? yeah, I should consider giving points for the first time....to him!

Actually, you are right. akamifeldman and him are both from California...hmm...thats sorta odd.

EngineGirl

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Godspeed said:
The system would be great if people didn't abuse it.

Pot, meet kettle.

that coming from the kid who gave me negative pts for poking fun at a friend in a thread. ah, the irony.

btw- I voted that yes, you should have to sign them...but that was because there was no option to do away with them entirely. I think those who have valid points, and good gouge will rise to the top regardless of whatever rep pts they may attain. heck, i don't post bum gouge, but i've sure gotten a few negative rep pts for keeping some HS kid or whoever in check. like I said....either make them sign them all, or do away with them -- I honestly don't think you will see a change as to who is considered credible and who isnt.

/my .02

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Webmaster,

Does the system not automatically put your screen name on the pts? All this time I've been raw dogging people thinking they would know it came from me...
The system logs who gives reputation, but a default account will not display who gave it. The workaround, a lot of ppl sign theirs.

The admin account, and I believe the super mods can see who posted it. I don't believe I gave that ability to the moderators, I would have to check their group settings.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
I got a question webmaster why are some of the reputation points I have recieved gray and not red or green? I didn't think there was a neutral option.
Gray comes from members that are new, or don't have a high enough post count or negative reputation, so whether they put a positive or negative reputation to you, it comes out as nuetral. It threw me for a loop the first time I saw it. I have like a million grey reps, and then some jackass supermod who's name I won't mention ("website creator") goes ahead and give me negative points... dude, you are definitely buying beer next time we meet!

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
This is the one I want to know who gave me:

"No need to post your ppl time, most one here don't care about civil time" -- Red

What a BS neg rep point, so pony up, who was it?

Crowbar

None
A default account? I assume you mean a non-moderator account?

Now I feel like a heel. Every comment I've ever gotten had the name attached to it. I thought everybody could read my name when I made heinous comments about them. And let's just say my negative comments outweight my positive by more than 2:1.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Crowbar said:
A default account? I assume you mean a non-moderator account?
Yes.

Crowbar said:
Now I feel like a heel.
Yes you are.
But that's ok, if the votes keep coming in to open up the rep points, then when I turn it on, everyone will see all those past assigned rep points, and who gave them to you. Ruh-ro shaggy....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
jg5343 said:

"No need to post your ppl time, most one here don't care about civil time" -- Red

It was me, do you have a problem with it?

j/k, feeling sarcastic

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jg5343 said:

Wow, someone was a d!ck for that.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Crowbar said:
And let's just say my negative comments outweight my positive by more than 2:1.
Looking at the points you handed out, it is more accurate to say 4:1, but all the negative ones were warranted and go along with you being a mod, IMHO.

I would rather see a MOD pinging on someone through rep as the first heads up, then through PM or over a thread post, gives the poster an opportunity to realize that they are out of line before calling them on it in the post. But I will leave it up to the MODs discretion on how they best like to handle it.

Someone else mentioned something about how reps were being used overall. Well, going through the WHOLE list, the vast majority of it is constructive comments. You do have those silly ones from sexometer and other made up screen names, but they are useless since they are nuetral, I just laugh at the effort to create another account, register, reply by email, then go find the post and give neg rep, kind of sad actually. No, I haven't done an IP comparison, though I might tonight just to see who it was for my own personal curiousity.

It is also interesting to see both sides of a heated topic, you get a single individual getting neg and pos rep for the same post/thread, as you have two different perspectives supporting/detracting from them...

I am holding off on more votes, and opinions before I do anything. I would like to hear from the ppl that voted no, just to get their viewpoint and criticism. My skin is thick, and I don't honestly have a vested opinion here, just want to see what you the members of this forum want.

John

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Just so you know, no one on here gives a s hit that you are flying a desk or filing TPS reports either.

Status
Not open for further replies.