• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's talk about reputation points

Should the reputation system show who gave the reputation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For those integers and collegeguys out there, it is a great tool for the forum members to identify the "tools" on the website, that I as the admin might miss, and allows you a way to make your comments known. Over time, it shows what ppl think of your comments and posts. I can read the master list of ALL comments, and I must say, that aside from the occassional "you are an *******" 10% or so, the rest are really constructive, like, great post answered all my questions, et al, to the negative ones, hey listen to those that have the first hand knowledge.

Easier and not so public a way of getting something across.

And the ppl that continuously give good info and posts are getting the highest rep points (wink, 46driver, zab, etc).... And you can see that some ppl that fall in the tool category have gotten red negative reps...

To a degree it is a "gold star in second grade", but gone is the site where I read every post, and know everyone on it. Rep point at least lets me get an eye on what general consensus is.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not a huge fan of reputation points. I guess what bugs me is that too often, people give negative points for differences in opinion rather than genuine bad information.

zuggerat

yeh its from guinesness... 5 piants and im fehelin preytty goyiuod... hopyefully im gonna impress theyy seyluecutiuion bolardlks by being WASSSSEtttttttEDDDD

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
zuggerat said:
yeh its from guinesness... 5 piants and im fehelin preytty goyiuod... hopyefully im gonna impress theyy seyluecutiuion bolardlks by being WASSSSEtttttttEDDDD

Wow...sounds like you had a fun night :)

akamifeldman

Interplanetary Ambassador
If you're gonna give me a bad rep point with the comment "You're a fag," at least have the guts to come out in the open and sign your fake handle website name. :D
I'd like to see the point system stay, but with the name as well.

<watch me get neg points for this thread>

manny7_99

if we are going to have the rep points, let's make people sign for it.

What I've been told along with my rep points:

1)You're an idiot.. Seriously, learn to spell --grey

Hmm, Probably given by that California kid, LOL. Hmm, dude F uc k off and go and watch the OC, you may miss something important! Oh! btw, I spell however I want to! what are you gonna tell me next? To recycle? lol

2)Bs - grey

3)too cocky---grey

4)Whee! (Cate)-- green

thanks gir! :)

5)Absolutely ludicrous. red-- anonymous

5)give it a rest and come off your high horse--red anonymous

Enginegirl? lol. Just an assumption.

6)good one--grey anonymous

7)Why are women of the Opinion that they can keep up? crap--grey anonymous

8)the smiley faces, they're getting really old--red anonymous

total: two greens, four red, 6 green.

Would those of you who gave me points match your identity to the number? May be that way you show a bit of character, lol. Saaad ppl, saaad!

Other than that, thanks for asking Webmaster.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
manny7_99 said:
5)give it a rest and come off your high horse--red anonymous

Enginegirl? lol. Just an assumption.

No no no....never even given you rep points (now its listed under our user name who we've given to so I double checked). We only got in one disagreement on one thread....sad to see you think thats how I view you :icon_wink The only person I've given bad points to and not signed was frcabot and that was just because I was soooooooo irked by something he said that I didn't even think about signing my name. I was typing out a quick reply.

EngineGirl

manny7_99

EngineGirl said:
No no no....never even given you rep points (now its listed under our user name who we've given to so I double checked). We only got in one disagreement on one thread....sad to see you think thats how I view you :icon_wink The only person I've given bad points to and not signed was frcabot and that was just because I was soooooooo irked by something he said that I didn't even think about signing my name. I was typing out a quick reply.

EngineGirl

Lol, gotcha. Isn't that the california kid? yeah, I should consider giving points for the first time....to him!

Take care girl' :D

Kycntryboy

pilot
crysmc said:
I'm not a huge fan of reputation points. I guess what bugs me is that too often, people give negative points for differences in opinion rather than genuine bad information.

I totally agree. Rep point for you. :D

Kycntryboy

pilot
I got a question webmaster why are some of the reputation points I have recieved gray and not red or green? I didn't think there was a neutral option.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
crysmc said:

I agree with this. I feel that at least something needs to be done with the reputation point system. This is primarily due to the fact that I have had people give me neg reputation points with the only comment being "you are an idiot."<-you know who you are.

I would rather have the reputation system gone all together. If someone disagrees with one of my posts, they should voice their problems with it on the thread for others to see, instead of spinelessly attacking me with unconstructive criticism.

This forum is an excellent arena for people to agree and disagree with eachother publicly. I don't see why there has to be a way to be a back channel for people to intellectually b*tchslap eachother. If someone has a strong opposing opinion to something, they need to have the backbone to post it for others to see.

The system would be great if people didn't abuse it.

Crowbar

None
Manny,

"Absolutely ludicrous" came from me. I thought the system had put my name on it.

Webmaster,

Does the system not automatically put your screen name on the pts? All this time I've been raw dogging people thinking they would know it came from me...

bennett4362

deployment sucks
although i agree that points shouldn't be given for differences of opinion, there's also attitude to consider. even if someone has good information, they can still have a bad attitude, and i think neg rep points are justifiable in that case. if i disagree with someone, but they're still reasonably polite, there's no need for neg rep points; however, if they have an attitude, again, i think neg rep points are justifiable. it's not just about good/bad information.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Crowbar said:
Does the system not automatically put your screen name on the pts? All this time I've been raw dogging people thinking they would know it came from me...

I gotta say, I zapped a person or two before I realized this as well (to my eternal shame), once I figured it out I started signing mine though. How often do people get bad rep points anyway? Minus the folks who post stuff just to pi$$ everyone off, I'd think it was rare. Don't know though.

Auto-sign the posts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.