• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's talk about reputation points

Should the reputation system show who gave the reputation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok, global view here, the reputation system is being used quite frequently, especially since more ppl know that it exists now. That being said, I have seen in a variety of posts lately, ppl saying something to the effect,

"Who gave me negative rep points and was too spineless to say their name?"

You get the picture. As it is set up right now, you can't see who gave you those points, either negative or positive. This is the default configuration. It can be set up to show who gave it to you. But I have two questions for the forum at large:

1) Do you think it is essential for the continued use of the reputation system for annonymity and not show who gave it?

2) Do you think there is a problem with ppl handing out negative reputation?

Keep in mind, that a single individual can NOT hit you twice, without handing out reputation to other users, and exceed a certain time limit (I am not sure of each, would have to look at the current settings).

End result, if you are personally having problems with reputation, shoot me an email or PM, and I can pull up your account and look at who has been giving you those points to look for a trend.

From a previous post of mine:

Ok, let me answer the reputation defaults set on this forum, I have not altered the basic setup. Your User Control Panel will show you the last 25 reputation points you received or lost, and the post it pertained to. Also, no one can hide their reputation.

The starting, default repuation is 10.

Reputation ladder:
-100 "infamous around these parts"
-50 "can only hope to improve"
-10 "has a little shameless behaviour in the past"
0 "is an unknown quantity at this point"
10 "is on a distinguished road"
50 "will become famous soon enough"
150 "has a spectacular aura about"
250 "is a jewel in the rough"
350 "is just really nice"
450 "is a beacon of light"
550 "is a name known to all"
650 "is a splendid one to behold"
1000 "has much to be proud of"
1500 "has a brilliant future"
2000 "has a reputation beyond repute"
undefined "is off the scale"​

Reputation Power: How many reputation points does a user give or take with a click?
Admin = 15 reputation points per hit.
Registration Date Factor: For every 365 days, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.
Post Count Factor: For every 100 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.
Reputation Point Factor: For every 50 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation altering power.​

Other items.

Minimum Reputation Count: User must have 10 points reputation before their reputation hits count on others.
Minimum Post Count: User must have 50 posts before his reputation hits count on others.
Daily Reputation Clicks Limit: A user can only give 10 reputation clicks in a 24 hour period.
Reputation User Spread: A user must give reputation to 20 other users before they can hit the same person twice.​

John

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it should be made so that it shows the person's name that gave you the point. That will scare away some of the more... well, spineless individuals that give them out anonymously and know they can get away with it. I think it'll act as a built-in control.

Out of the few negatives I've gotten, only a couple was someone who was too sensitive to survive here, the others were either signed or were warranted.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Patmack,

Don't sweat the new users giving out negative points, because though the comment will show up, it won't subtract any points, thus rendering the "alter-ego" to give neg points useless.

slabicro

Helo wife
I finally discovered today that I can see under my user CP my recent reputation points. I have 41 points and i had four comments...so does that mean the rest are negative that I cannot see? I am sort of lost on this one!!

Renee

I'm with Renee....I guess I also never fully understood the interpretation of the points either...is it 10 points per reputaton rating?
Just curious...I always forget about the rating thing...some seem to be on distinguished roads while others are famous....LOL
Is this based solely on those who have posted something in reference to reputation or does it include # of posts as well?
Sorry for being so clueless. I couldn't find your original post on this topic.
HrntDrvrsWife

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
slabicro said:
I finally discovered today that I can see under my user CP my recent reputation points. I have 41 points and i had four comments...so does that mean the rest are negative that I cannot see? I am sort of lost on this one!!

Renee

Red are negative, Green are positive, and Grey don't count.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Updated my original post with info on the reputation system.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
Reputation points (positive AND negative) are like freaking gold stars on your homework assignment in 2nd grade, and giving reputation points is on about the same maturity level as 2nd grade. Just do away with them entirely, they're retarded.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
flashypants said:
Reputation points (positive AND negative) are like freaking gold stars on your homework assignment in 2nd grade, and giving reputation points is on about the same maturity level as 2nd grade. Just do away with them entirely, they're retarded.

No way, they're fun. :icon_tong

Kycntryboy

pilot
The one person who voted no is probably giving all of the negative ones. lol. (No one be a smart ass and give me one please).

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
i dunno bch hit me with a neg point a while ago for my videotaping in the cockpit thread. i'd like to keep it anonymous so I can hit him right back... uhhh. nevermind. nothing to se here, move along.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
who cares about reputation points anyway?

That's why I say just do away with them. If anything, all they cause is animosity toward someone you don't even know. They don't benefit anyone.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
flashypants said:
That's why I say just do away with them. If anything, all they cause is animosity toward someone you don't even know. They don't benefit anyone.

Sure they do, when you get an anonymous bad one, sometimes other people will help you out and give you good ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.