• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

navy09

None
Have you looked into the Sig Pro 9mm (SP2022)?

No, I haden't heard of it. It looks pretty cool though, from what I found in a few minutes on Google. I guess they were made for some African government, but the contract fell through and they're selling them to US civilians now...it has a manual safety too. Thanks for the help. You guys are making my choice harder! :D

C-Mike

No, I haden't heard of it. It looks pretty cool though, from what I found in a few minutes on Google. I guess they were made for some African government, but the contract fell through and they're selling them to US civilians now...it has a manual safety too. Thanks for the help. You guys are making my choice harder! :D

Check out http://www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=33&productid=108

Nope, no safety on the SP2022, and a federal agency or two as well as the military have procured it.

Old NFO

None
Here are a few of my semi-autos... Other threads in here have pics of my Pythons and M4. In this pic- Glocks, Kahr P9 (daily carry) and a 1952 Browning 1910 .380 in NRA new condition :D

Attachments

• P2190007.JPG
    P2190007.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 251

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Here are a few of my semi-autos... Other threads in here have pics of my Pythons and M4. In this pic- Glocks, Kahr P9 (daily carry) and a 1952 Browning 1910 .380 in NRA new condition :D

What kind of sling and mount do you have on your M4? I want it.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Sig Pro is actually pretty bulk, I'd say it's at least the size (not weight) of the P226. If youre going Sig, get the classic full metal frame.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
If you want a gun just to plink with and are just starting out, I'd say go with a large frame pistol. The longer barrel and sight distance will help you have better accuracy as your shooting. For those, think along the lines of a Ruger P89 or something similar, which is a decent pistol and can be had for pretty cheap.

If you're planning on concealed carry, while there are a huge number of options out there, a medium frame pistol is in my opinion the largest to carry, anything bigger is almost impossible to conceal in anything other than a jacket and pants. You can obviously go smaller if desired. the H&K USP Compact series are pretty good, but can get pricey. Again, the Ruger lines are pretty good and can be had for pretty cheap if you shop around.

Old NFO

None
What kind of sling and mount do you have on your M4? I want it.
It's an H&K Sling adapter that fits right at the base of the stock, the sling is a Blue Force UDC, I picked t up from RRA part # AR0137BH.
r,
jim

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
If you want a gun just to plink with and are just starting out, I'd say go with a large frame pistol. The longer barrel and sight distance will help you have better accuracy as your shooting. For those, think along the lines of a Ruger P89 or something similar, which is a decent pistol and can be had for pretty cheap.

If you're planning on concealed carry, while there are a huge number of options out there, a medium frame pistol is in my opinion the largest to carry, anything bigger is almost impossible to conceal in anything other than a jacket and pants. You can obviously go smaller if desired. the H&K USP Compact series are pretty good, but can get pricey. Again, the Ruger lines are pretty good and can be had for pretty cheap if you shop around.

Ruger is an outstanding idea for a "cheap" first gun. They have multiple mid-size models in 9mm.

compare their prices to any other name brand, quite the diff
www.budsgunshop.com

Old NFO

None

My .02 here, I agree with the medium frame, but I would not carry a Ruger- I've seen too many problems with the semi-auto's If you are carrying, you are depending on that pistol to save your life. The other thing to consider is how fast you can get the second and third rounds ACCURATELY on target...

No pistol round is a one shot kill unless you shoot someone exactly in the heart- Soooo... While I dearly love .357, .40 and .45 full power loads, trying to get back on target with a small/medium frame pistol is not easy due to the recoil. If you go down to 9mm or .38 +p in a mediaum frame, you have a much more controlable weapon. e.g. three shots in the same time it takes to get one shot off with a big round.

I would recommend either a S&W 63X revolver, Glock 26/27, or a Kahr P9. They are not "cheap" but are reliable- I've fired over 6000 rounds through my Glock 26 with 2 FTF and FTE's, my Kahr has over 2000 rounds with out an FTF or FTE.

OBTW, we played with three P89's last night at the range, had multiple FTF's and FTE's with three different types of ammo. Also, shot an XD last night that actually "worked"; of course the agent had spent about $500 with Dakota Arms to get it to run right, new trigger, machined slide, new barrel, etc.

Bottom line- YOU have to be comfortable and confident in what you carry- YOU have to try different pistols and make your own choice...:D

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
^^^^^ Yup, agree completely. I wouldn't really consider carrying my Ruger 9mm (I carry an H&K .357) just because I don't like the power of a 9mm, but for general plinking and whatnot, it's a great gun b/c of the cheap ammo. On mine, I've had a few FTE's but never a FTF, and I'm approaching 6000 rounds through that gun. However, since I don't carry it, I can easily clear the malfunction on the range and keep firing. I think the malfunctions are a part of less exact tolerances in manufacturing, but probably also from parts wear. In guns, you definitely get what you pay for.

I think he was just asking for something to shoot as a first gun. I personally wouldn't recommend that someone go out and drop more than $300 or so on a gun if it's their first gun. Some might disagree, but a person can buy a whole lot more ammo with the money they save on the gun which means a lot more practice time than with the more expensive gun. Then, if they really like shooting, down the road they can upgrade to a better/more expensive pistol.

FWIW, my Ruger was my first pistol, a P95 9mm, got it for about $215 on sale.

Old NFO

None
^^^^^ Yup, agree completely. I wouldn't really consider carrying my Ruger 9mm (I carry an H&K .357) just because I don't like the power of a 9mm, but for general plinking and whatnot, it's a great gun b/c of the cheap ammo. On mine, I've had a few FTE's but never a FTF, and I'm approaching 6000 rounds through that gun. However, since I don't carry it, I can easily clear the malfunction on the range and keep firing. I think the malfunctions are a part of less exact tolerances in manufacturing, but probably also from parts wear. In guns, you definitely get what you pay for.

I think he was just asking for something to shoot as a first gun. I personally wouldn't recommend that someone go out and drop more than $300 or so on a gun if it's their first gun. Some might disagree, but a person can buy a whole lot more ammo with the money they save on the gun which means a lot more practice time than with the more expensive gun. Then, if they really like shooting, down the road they can upgrade to a better/more expensive pistol.

FWIW, my Ruger was my first pistol, a P95 9mm, got it for about $215 on sale.
Agreed, as a first gun it's not a bad idea... my mistake :eek: