• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

Old NFO

None
Now, to shift gears a bit, who knows anything (good or bad) about Kahr pistols?
I carry a P9 and love it... It is very accurate for a 3" barrel and while the long trigger takes getting used to, I find I can shoot it well in "tactical" situations. I have fired over 2500 rounds with no FTF, FTE problems, with both Speer Gold Dot 124gr and Wincheter white box ammo. It is a comfortable carry, and very concealable. I carry mine in a Hume paddle, as I'm in and out of Gov't buildings all day. I would NOT recommend the PM9 it is simply too small to grip and get 2nd/3rd rounds back on target in a timely fashion.
r,
jim

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Also handled a PM9 at the shop, and I have to agree that it's way too small, even for my hands (think carnie). The CW9 has a bit more beef to it (roughly the same size as the P9), and I think it's going to workout well. Can't beat the price, either: NIB, about $150 less than list. Even the Lejeune MCX, which usually has by far the best prices on firearms around here, couldn't beat that.

I'm a huge fan of Don Hume products, and their customer service. I ordered a some leather for my XD a while back, and their website mistakenly said one of the items was in stock when it wasn't. They called me the next day, appologized, gave me a 30% discount for when it was in stock, and offered to cancel someone else's order when I told them I was military. They also shipped everything for free. It doesn't hurt that they produce top quality stuff, either.

I have, however, been turned on to a small, one man outfit in the UK, called Horseshoe Leather. I've had three people in the last two days rave about this guy's work, and actually having had the chance to look one holster over, it does look top notch. Unfortunately, the guy's got a bit of a backlog of orders, according to his website.

nd32

Lets see here...
Kimber CDP Ultra
large_ultracdp2.jpg

Para Ord. P 14-45
Picture010.jpg

I also have a Glock 30, along with a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 870.

I don't get to shoot the handguns as much as I would like anymore... 45 ammo is expensive and money is tight!

Old NFO

None
Nice pistols ND32- I can see you haven't shot them very much... Shooting is a good stress reliever too!

nd32

Nice pistols ND32- I can see you haven't shot them very much... Shooting is a good stress reliever too!

Well, the Kimber pic is off their website... But still, I only have about 1500 rounds through mine. The para has around 2000 rounds through it, but I recently polished the slide. If you saw it up close, you would see that it is kinda beat! I guess the only downside to owning a bunch of guns is that you get to put less rounds through each.

The Kimber and Glock were my carry guns from when I was a police officer. The para is just plain old fun to shoot!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Finally got the Houge grips for the P226...
They really add a good solid feel to the gun.
Range report to follow...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Kimber Custom II

Kimber Custom II - 2,000 rounds later

The perfect combat handgun IMHO... :)

Attachments

• ChuckMK23Kimber2.jpg
    ChuckMK23Kimber2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 159

Lawman

None
The Kimber and Glock were my carry guns from when I was a police officer. The para is just plain old fun to shoot!

What department did you work for? :confused: Very few of the ones around me allow for a 1911 as a sidearm even for the gold shield guys who pretty much carry what they want.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
These are my guns.

Attachments

• ist2_396768_pure_muscle.jpg
    ist2_396768_pure_muscle.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 79

Old NFO

None
Kimber Custom II - 2,000 rounds later

The perfect combat handgun IMHO... :)
Chuck, I hope you've replaced all the MIM parts, otherwise you WILL get failures shortly. I'd recommend Wilson or Ed Brown parts when that happens. We were at the range today, a guy two lanes over had a Kimber Custom it broke something in the slide mid-string and he was NOT happy. This is the first time I've actually seen one break, but have heard about a number of them breaking at Quantico.
r,
jim

ChuckMK23

pilot
What department did you work for? :confused: Very few of the ones around me allow for a 1911 as a sidearm even for the gold shield guys who pretty much carry what they want.

A number of LE agencies are 1911 friendly - example being:

"The Tacoma, WA Police Department made history in 2001 by becoming the first metropolitan police department in nearly 50 years to adopt the 1911 as its official carry weapon. TPD selected the Kimber Pro Carry II or Pro Carry II HD as optional, department supplied weapons available to its officers."

LAPD SWAT use the Kimber TLE full size (5"), and FBI HRT use and issue a 5" Springfield 1911.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Chuck, I hope you've replaced all the MIM parts, otherwise you WILL get failures shortly. I'd recommend Wilson or Ed Brown parts when that happens. We were at the range today, a guy two lanes over had a Kimber Custom it broke something in the slide mid-string and he was NOT happy. This is the first time I've actually seen one break, but have heard about a number of them breaking at Quantico.
r,
jim

Lots of debate around MIM (Metal Injection Molding) - personally I haven't had an issue - but others quote similar instances similar to what you described Jim.

See the forums on http://m1911.org

Chuck