• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

Lawman

None
A number of LE agencies are 1911 friendly - example being:

"The Tacoma, WA Police Department made history in 2001 by becoming the first metropolitan police department in nearly 50 years to adopt the 1911 as its official carry weapon. TPD selected the Kimber Pro Carry II or Pro Carry II HD as optional, department supplied weapons available to its officers."

LAPD SWAT use the Kimber TLE full size (5"), and FBI HRT use and issue a 5" Springfield 1911.

Tacoma isnt "Lots" and SWAT/ESU/ect write there own book on what weapons they want to carry. My question was what department does he work for where they have authorized road officers to carry 1911's. Most of the places around me your options are pretty much limited to Glock, Berreta, and SIG in 9mm or .40 Caliber with a few making the exception to use a .45 but not to use another companys pistol.

nd32

It was an off-duty carry weapon. The department that I worked for only allowed Glock 21's on the road or off. Everybody carried whatever they wanted off-duty because the idea of trying to conceal a Glock 21 is ridiculous. Even the brass would come in with .38's or other random guns.

Honestly, I shot great with the Glock and would keep that reguardless as my duty weapon. It is nice knowing that you have 14 rounds of .45 +P's, and a couple mags on the belt!

Sub King

Although this is not as cool and powerful as some of the weapons shown on this thread, I thought this was a pretty cool gift from my grandma this year who normally gives me stuff like an old box of mothballs.

She gave me a Colt 22 Automatic LR Series 1 complete with matching serial numbers (4477) in very good shape or atleast I think so. I couldn't figure how to break it down to clean it, so I looked it up on the net and found it was made somewhere near 1917. Anyways, I know its no killer by any means, but still a nice little piece to possibly start a gun collection. I was thinking about shooting it just to see if it functions, but wasn't really sure as I'm not really a gun collector. What do you guys think about shooting it?

Attachments

• IMG_1142.1.JPG
    IMG_1142.1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 106

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....a pretty cool gift from my grandma this year who normally gives me stuff like an old box of mothballs. She gave me a Colt 22 Automatic LR Series 1 complete with matching serial numbers (4477) in very good shape or atleast I think so. ....What do you guys think about shooting it?

It's collectible ... keep it for it's family value or sell it and buy a couple of more "shootable" pistols.

It's a First Series Target Model (6-5/8” barrel???). It's the earliest model of what would become the Woodsman and it originally came in only one version and was known simply as “Colt Automatic Target Pistol” from 1915 until 1927. Around that time, "THE WOODSMAN" was added to the side of the receiver. Collectors today generally use “Pre-Woodsman” to refer to what you have ....

It's impossible to judge it's worth without seeing it, but 95%+ all-original examples are going for over $1400 ....

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I'm somewhat of a novice to the gun thing, but I have been given a Remington .22 that was owned by my father and grandfather. It was made in December 1950 but it is in great condition!

Attachments

• DSCN0495.JPG
    DSCN0495.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 93

Rasczak

Marine
walther_ppk_occ.jpg

The family pistol. This is not an actual picture of it as I have no camera..
Walther PPK. Not so accurate, but a fun gun to have. I wish I could get a hold of the tokarev tt33 my grandfather brought back from WW2.

MODS: how do I do the thumbnail thing?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of these days I'm look forward to getting a PPK, once I find a good blued one instead of the stainless pimp guns S&W is putting out these days. Have any problems getting bitten by the slide?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
One of these days I'm look forward to getting a PPK, once I find a good blued one instead of the stainless pimp guns S&W is putting out these days. Have any problems getting bitten by the slide?

Not with the stainless S&W pimp guns ..... :) .... otherwise .....:eek:

BTW .... had to send my stainless S&W pimp gun back to the S&W factory .... wouldn't feed reliably ... they sent me shipping tags both ways ... fixed it .... works flawlessly now with any and all ammunition.

Rasczak

Marine
Then .... is it the actual pistol??? If so, I'm gonna' steal it from you and your family .... cheers.
The actual pistol has black handguards. Looks more like the bond PPK. http://www.genitron.com/Unique/walther-ppk.jpg :D

@nittany: if you were addressing me about the slide....no. Not yet at least.

This is what I really wanna get. http://www.gunsworld.com/world/graphs/389_A.jpg Tokarev.
I saw a M1911 Colt in a pawn shop not too long ago going for ~$250. What a nice gun and in such great condition.