• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving Vietnam vs AFG

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My bad. Just got on Flash for not using smiles. It was meant to be rhetorical, not necessarily sarcasm. A question mark would have fixed it up. Brett's post works as a reply to my rhetorical.

number9

Contributor

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So the Taliban won't be inclined to cozy to China because of its treatment of Uighurs. And who would do business with them as if this is 2002? I think we will find they have business partners, including possibly technical support of abandoned military equipment. Time will tell.

Some hopes and dreams die harder than others.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Sad trombone noise.

But as I mentioned earlier I can sure see their reasoning in that the equipment was the property of the AFG government and the Taliban is now the AFG government. It was sovereign property of another nation.

Also a raspberry noise for the newspaper talking about aircraft hangers.
One cannot overlook the psy-op aspect of leaving 40 year old Black Hawks with the Tollybon. Spend a few sessions troubleshooting an aircraft with old Kapton wiring and you'll know what I am talking about. Imagine the random electrical problems that manifest when wiring with brittle insulation vibrates at different frequencies dependent upon flight regime and proximity to spinning (really all) components on a helicopter. And to add to the craziness, smack one (not both) stab amps or stab actuators on each aircraft with a monkey wrench before leaving. Their maintenance teams would defect, but only after wasting tons of man hours trouble shooting and arguing with each other.

Throw in some SHARP, substance abuse, CRT, extremism, and suicide prevention training and they'll be paralyzed as a fighting entity.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Throw in some SHARP, substance abuse, CRT, extremism, and suicide prevention training and they'll be paralyzed as a fighting entity.
Shoot, maybe even one of them might try pouring hydraulic fluid in a tail gearbox. With a little ingenuity and determination, you can make it work with the thing that connects to the thing that you put on the can and the other thing with the gearbox.