• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving Vietnam vs AFG

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
At least 10 servicemen killed today and where’s Sleep Joe? Shouldn’t somebody wake him from his nap! Not a single press conference? Even Jen Psaki isn’t circling back..

and for that matter, where is Hillary.. She couldn’t get off tv and shut up about Trump‘s foreign policy. I mean she was a Sec of State; shouldn’t she have an expert opinion. I guess ..”What difference, at this point, does it make?”

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
At least 10 servicemen killed today and where’s Sleep Joe? Shouldn’t somebody wake him from his nap! Not a single press conference? Even Jen Psaki isn’t circling back..

and for that matter, where is Hillary.. She couldn’t get off tv and shut up about Trump‘s foreign policy. I mean she was a Sec of State; shouldn’t she have an expert opinion. I guess ..”What difference, at this point, does it make?”
in 5 days, Biden's response will be "Come on man, that was 5 days ago."

Prayers for all service members stuck in the middle of this quagmire.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Who says it’s actually the other side? Cause the Taliban says so….
Yep, you read my mind.

The Taliban and IS are a gray area (and a few other players), "the enemy of my enemy." They all want to make us, the west but especially the United States, so afraid that we'll never return. That they agree on and as to exactly how to go about doing that right now/today/this week, in terms of actions and words, that's a big question that the other side is debating.

Put ourselves in their shoes. If you hate a people strongly enough and these events were unfolding as they are, what would you do? War is about making your enemy so miserable that they submit to what you want.

I hope our own leadership planned ahead for this contingency. My question is if things get worse are we ready to reinvade (not are we going to reinvade), like do we have the means and the will to do it?

taxi1

pilot
Frankly, I'm surprised the other side didn't already bomb that airport and the crowds at least a few days ago.

and,

I think there's more to come.
It is such an easy target. I was figuring on mortars going after an aircraft, or just landing helter skelter. We were mortared at Balad where they'd put ice in the tube as a delay and get away to avoid the counter-fire. Too easy.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It is such an easy target. I was figuring on mortars going after an aircraft, or just landing helter skelter. We were mortared at Balad where they'd put ice in the tube as a delay and get away to avoid the counter-fire. Too easy.
There are hundreds, if not thousands of MPADS floating around Afghanistan. A complex, multi-direction attack on a transport taking off is a terrifying scenario.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
yup, former O in my unit said same thing was happening the last time he was over there.

Notanaviator

Contributor
No . . . . . Fucking . . . . . . Shit . . . . .

Not quite enough years ago, there were bumper stickers floating around Louisiana that read “Vote for the Crook, It’s Important.” Convicted felon Edwin Edwards was in the runoff against KKK Scoutmaster or whatever the fuck David Duke. I think most moderate folks endorsement of Biden was less an endorsement than a desire to get Trump out of office.

I don’t think it’s mutually exclusive to be of that opinion (I was), and to also think this is one of the greater failures by a President (especially as a relative unforced error- there were lots of ways to exit Afghanistan in a less catastrophic way for our folks and for those that supported us) in decades.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Not quite enough years ago, there were bumper stickers floating around Louisiana that read “Vote for the Crook, It’s Important.” Convicted felon Edwin Edwards was in the runoff against KKK Scoutmaster or whatever the fuck David Duke. I think most moderate folks endorsement of Biden was less an endorsement than a desire to get Trump out of office.

I don’t think it’s mutually exclusive to be of that opinion (I was), and to also think this is one of the greater failures by a President (especially as a relative unforced error- there were lots of ways to exit Afghanistan in a less catastrophic way for our folks and for those that supported us) in decades.
For an administration that claimed "America is Back" and touted the intellectual prowess of its cabinet officials, they sure fucked this away 9 ways from Sunday. What is further disappointing, is the messaging and spin that is occuring to this day. You're in the seat, take accountability. Admit you made mistakes, own them, and move on. Jocko's "POTUS" comments I think were spot on . . . .