• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

King Kat repair/tuneup 18-19 August

MasterBates

Seeing the pics, nothing I can't fix in a day. Anyone in Krock have a welder I can borrow?

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, what the F? Sent a bunch of jets your way a little while back I guess as a bandaid fix...whats the word on why?

No clue. Mx seems to have problems providing up jets here to make the schedule work from time to time.

You Meridian guys don't seem to have the airplane issues, or the long ass time to train issues that we in Kingsville have.

MasterBates

Plan is to meet at the Club at 0830 on Saturday the 18th.

Things I could really use help with:

Tools: I ended up flying down vice driving down. So I pretty much have screwdrivers and an adjustable wrench in the rental car.

Truck: The cart needs to be brought to the Auto Hobby Shop to weld some damaged sections.

I'll buy lunch for the SNAs/IPs who come out and help, and some beer once it's done.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Mx seems to have problems providing up jets here to make the schedule work from time to time.

That doesn't agree with this statement from post #36 of the thread "T-45C Camo colors...."

At 10 tacti-cool jets per wing, and with lights out contract maintainers, I'd say that the probability of a bandit backup is pretty good.

Big difference between Meridian and Kingsville?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You forgot the rest of the post.

You Meridian guys don't seem to have the airplane issues, or the long ass time to train issues that we in Kingsville have.

On one hand, it's all cyclical and somebody somewhere is always on their arse maintenance wise. On the other hand, it all makes sense because there's nothing to do in Meridian besides fly, fix jets, and go to church.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
<--

*looks at avatar*

*laughs at what the rest of the world calls "maintenance issues"*

:p

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My first experience with a Marine Prowler was in El Centro. I was sitting at the hold short waiting for an emergency aircraft reporting smoke and fumes in the rear cockpit, single engine and one of the mains wouldn't come down. My (Prowler guy) IP in the back seat says over the ICS," Meh, typical day for us Prowler types, they'll get it figured out and take a trap on the off duty."

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Keep that thing running. When we brought it out of retirement for our winging a year and a half ago it provided endless entertainment.

MasterBates

It's fixed and FMC.

Thanks to Swanee for letting me know what it needed, and to Bill at Kingsville MWR Auto Shop for helping me get it on and off the track.

Oh, and vice pay for parts, I had MWR put another FREE KEG out next Friday. So go to the club and drink free beer and ride the KING KAT.

I REPEAT. FREE BEER. PAID FOR BY ME. GO DRINK FREE BEER.

If any SAU guys are reading this, I can't make it to rush this drill weekend that's coming up.. I'm sure this counts for something.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Awesome dude! I would have been there to help but I'm on leave in Phoenix right now. (Phoenix is August... effing hot...)

Glad it's FMC, thanks for putting the work in! I'll post some pics from the winging on the 24th.