• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

King Kat repair/tuneup 18-19 August

MasterBates

Attention Kingvillans.

I'm going to be in Krock next weekend, and will be swinging by the club to do PM on the Kat. If anyone knows who the current Kat Officer is, can you have them get in contact with me. 95% I'm flying down, so I will need someone local with tools to help out for a couple hours.

So far I've been told it needs springs and some odds and ends done. If anyone could run by the Kat and look at what's bent/broken, and take pictures before Friday it would be awesome. I have most of the tooling to make the hook points, and other "can't buy at a store" stuff, but need to know to bring it, or to make the part at home and bring the part with me.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Awesome. I will be on leave until the 19th, but I will stop by the club tomorrow and take some pics. Any specifics you want or just a plethora of the parts?

MasterBates

Pics of parts. In particular:

Hook/Hook point
Place where the hook "Uplock" is (black latch on bottom of seat)
Catapult hook
Catapult "release"
All 5 main springs (CAT, Both arresting gear)
Cables, particularly where they engage the hook
Stick

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Can you still get on base? :D

I love that this is in the world...Thanks Bates. I'll be there in spirit.

MasterBates

Yes, after a bunch of mass confusion, and BUPERS losing, oh, my commission, I have a valid ID again.

Downside.. Took so long to get it fixed I'm going to get raped at FedEx in the morning overnighting my SELRES IP packages.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Did a sober daylight recce on King Kat today.

Few things-
She needs new springs. 2 are in bad need of replacement, 3 are on their way out. Cables are okay- though they need some lube and to be tightened. I didn't see any significant wear on them where they make contact with the hook. The shivs are also in good shape, again- just need to be lubed. The floorboard on the seat needs to be welded back to the frame. The stick grip is missing, and the stick release mech is jury rigged. It doesn't seem to be releasing quit right. The hook is in okay shape- it has some rust but should be okay.

The car has been resting on the boat strap rather than on the chain- that doesn't bode well for that nylon strap- it probably needs to be replaced. The car release mech works no prob.

MasterBates

If anyone can get the contact info for the MWR director, can you PM it to me? The number on the internet is not working.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
True, but that's pretty shitty and I'd explained that I never would have taken one that wasn't legally/officially obtained either though, CYA.

So that Kat is hard down I take it?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
True, but that's pretty shitty and I'd explained that I never would have taken one that wasn't legally/officially obtained either though, CYA.

So that Kat is hard down I take it?

We have yet to Mx CNX the Kat for an event. Can't say that about the T-45s here.