• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
OK, let's try this again...

BDCP - SNA only
23 years old (24 on the 10th)
66/9/9/9
No PRT yet...used to perfect score my PFT's in AFROTC (80pu, 90su, 8:50 1.5mi) but still overweight at the moment and at 50pu, 50su, 10:30 1.5mi
3.25 GPA B.A. Political Science, University of North Texas
LOR's: AF O-6 pilot, Navy O-5 pilot, director of ops (boss - since my boss/dad can't write one), former university department chair, AF O-4 pilot/instructor (local Justice of the Peace/Judge/family friend)
100+ hours of unlogged flight time, including turbine experience...I was dumb as a teenager and didn't bother to get the ratings when I had the time to spare, lol
Roughly 50 hours/year community service, through our church or other organizations
4 years church musician/youth group leader
Former AFROTC cadet/flight/squadron commander

I'm finally within weight regs and get to go to MEPS again, so unless something comes up between now and next week I'm in the June boards for SNA BDCP. Good luck everyone.

revan1986

Pro Rec SWO
I think you were one of the people pushed back from May. If so, how do you know you're rolled into June?

blarged

ready
Seems a bit early for this thread, but I'll post anyway...

I am hoping later this month I can post in this thread saying I was selected IW in May boards, but we will see.

first choice: IW (May boards)
second choice: SWO/IW (June boards)
third choice: none
School: University of Cincinnati
Degree: Computer Science
GPA: 2.9
ASTB: 65/7/7/7
LOR: 2 Managers, 1 Flight Instructor, 1 LCDR

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Revan, I wasn't rolled from May to June, I had to wait to redo my MEPS physical again (every 90 days until commissioned or accepted into a program) until I was under the weight limit. Since January I've cut it down from 218 to 194 (limit is 196), and just missed the May board by a week. The last 5 pounds took slightly longer than anticipated, and I didn't get to weight until April 28 - which left no time to get MEPS done and to the boards.

So instead of pushing too hard to get into a May board with a ton of rollovers from April (which there are BTW) I felt like I should continue workouts and losing the weight gradually, and the weight has come off nicely. I'll be in even better shape to do my PRT in time for my final select, as being 25 pounds lighter and more muscle ALWAYS helps in physical activity...

Revan, were you anticipating being rolled from April/May, or submitting for June? Stats and designator(s)?...

It's never too early to start a thread for next month's boards...it's only 22 days until we know who's at the boards and about a month until those pro-req jitters start to hit you really, really hard. For the lurkers who haven't posted on AW yet, that gives them time to read some info that they need to know before submitting or ask questions that they need answers to, etc.

batesdl

I was supposed to be in the March Boards, April Boards and May Boards, but my Service Record has yet to come back. My OR said I should be reviewed in the June Boards.

Here are my stats, going for SNA only.

26 years old
ASTB 5/6/5 43
4 years prior service in Navy as AD3-Honorable Conditions
Former ROTC Cadet-4 years
Associates of Arts in Business 3.8 GPA
Bachelor of Science in Business Management 3.8 GPA
Master's of Business Admin./Minor Global Management 3.65 GPA
7 LOR's 1 from CO of VFA-27, 2 from Vice Presidents of Fortune 500 companies, 2 from Director's of large companies and 2 Manager's.
A&P License and flight time-Cessna 172 10 Hours
Excellent Low PRT
All Outstanding work references

Thanks,

Dan

batesdl

ok, let's try this again...

Bdcp - sna only
23 years old (24 on the 10th)
66/9/9/9
no prt yet...used to perfect score my pft's in afrotc (80pu, 90su, 8:50 1.5mi) but still overweight at the moment and at 50pu, 50su, 10:30 1.5mi
3.25 gpa b.a. Political science, university of north texas
lor's: Af o-6 pilot, navy o-5 pilot, director of ops (boss - since my boss/dad can't write one), former university department chair, af o-4 pilot/instructor (local justice of the peace/judge/family friend)
100+ hours of unlogged flight time, including turbine experience...i was dumb as a teenager and didn't bother to get the ratings when i had the time to spare, lol
roughly 50 hours/year community service, through our church or other organizations
4 years church musician/youth group leader
former afrotc cadet/flight/squadron commander

i'm finally within weight regs and get to go to meps again, so unless something comes up between now and next week i'm in the june boards for sna bdcp. Good luck everyone.

great astb man!

batesdl

I think you were one of the people pushed back from May. If so, how do you know you're rolled into June?

In most cases your OR will let you know that your kit was not seen and that you were rolled to the next month. This has happened a lot lately to a lot of people.

Dan

batesdl

How did you do 4 years of ROTC without getting a commission? Different branches?

I was an ROTC Cadet all 4 years of high school which I was able to utilize towards enlisting into the Navy as an E-3 and not an E-1. I never was a cadet in college. I was able to list this in my kit since it helped me towards my prior enlistment into the Navy. I should have clarified, sorry about that.

Dan

Well just found on I'm not on the May list so hopefully June is it...

22 Fe, SNA only
3.5 gpa, Commercial Aviation, UND
CFI, CFII, MEI
550 hours, 103 multi, with some aerobatic experience
Flight Instructor and Supervisor of Flight at UND
volleyball and basketball intramural throughout college
President of Women in Aviation and Phi Eta Sigma
AFROTC freshman year - cadet of the month twice
6/5/4 - 44 - low I know... need to study and retake it if not selected
MEPS and PRT pending on selection
LORS from professors, bosses, former air force pilot, and retired lt. commander

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Finishing up my package and shooting for the June Board.

26/M
BDCP: NFO/SNA/SWO
ASTB: 5/5/4/48
Major: Poly Sci GPA:2.9 (Letter due to hardship, retaking class was 3.3)
PRT:Excellent Medium

LOR's: O-5 National guard, Retired E-7 Former LCPO, O-6 Naval Aviator

MISC: 6 years active duty, got out as a IT2(SW/AW). Currently in reserves.
Work full time for the F.A.A. doing tech ops and subject matter expert on instrument landing systems.
Do voulenteer work with various charities

SWOHopeful

I am working tremendously hard to get seen in this board. I had an interview with an officer yesterday and I'm flying somewhere else to do one tomorrow. I retook the test and I got a 47. That is up from a 44, but I think the interviews are really going to help me this time around. I was a non-select in April but I'm going back in it with a letter of reconsideration.